Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
The Leidos Civil IT group currently has an opening for an Endpoint Engineer to support a large contract in Washington, D.C. The Department of Transportation Enterprise IT Support Services (EITSS) contract provides enterprise and infrastructure engineering support to the Department of Transportation.
The Endpoint Engineer’s primary responsibilities include the following:
- Knowledgeable in Windows Operating System troubleshooting including registry settings, DISA STIGs, system configuration files, event logs, applications logs
- Experienced in Window System Image development and deployment, including application packaging and patching of Windows OS
- Provides services for patching, image builds and support, and image documentation, and managing the imaging team.
- Lead clients through re-engineering and transforming business processes
- Develop project integration schedule and WBS
- Analyze business and software design requirements and user acceptance criteria to determine appropriate overall quality assurance activities.
- Develop and test plans to address unit, functional, system, integration, regression, and user acceptance testing.
- Collaborate with project managers, software designers and developers, testers, and business staff to analyze historical business program data to define and develop testing scenarios to assure adequate test coverage and defined quality standards.
- Estimate resource requirements and coordinate test plans with project managers, testers, and customers to ensure work is consistent with development and deployment schedules.
- Ensure test environment, data, tools, and scripts are properly prepared, initialized and controlled to support test activities.
- Provide technical analysis of test execution and assign quality assurance tasks and testing, review status reports, test results, and quality of work.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- 6+ years of experience in software quality assurance or image development of Windows operating systems
- Experience with Active Directory and Group Policies
- Able to work within an engineering team and understand/communicate business requirements into technology solutions.
- Experience in quality assurance planning, test case writing, test case scripting, test data initialization, test case execution, verification, and validation analysis, and quality assurance reporting, and project management.
- MS Office Tools, including OS Windows 7 and 10
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and five (5) years of general experience, additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance
- An undergraduate degree (BA/BS) in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- ITIL Certification
- OS Image Development for Windows 10
- 5+ years’ experience in system/software solution development and delivery
- Experience in application development, systems administration/engineering or another technical discipline
- Experience with service management software (e.g. Remedy or ServiceNow)
Driven by our talented workforce, the Exploration and Mission Support Operation builds trust through the delivery of enduring solutions for our customers’ information technology and mission support needs. We enable the delivery of citizen services and the exploration of space and scientific advancement to benefit humankind.
- Space Mission Operations
- NASA Human Health and Research
- Enterprise IT
- Civil Spacecraft Engineering and Operations
- Specialized Engineering Services
- Supply Chain Management and Complex Logistics
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.