Leidos has a current position for a Geospatial Subject Matter Expert who will provide GEOINT technical support to the customer through the analysis and maintenance of geospatial data and databases. The person in this position will be responsible for performing a full range of imagery/geospatial analysis functions to assist in the development and insertion of the Automated Target Recognition (ATR) technology into the Intelligence Community. The selected candidate will utilize the target development tools to build new target models through the process of imagery selection and rigorous registration. Selected candidate will conduct imagery analysis to determine type, function, and location of order-of-battle on images processed through imagery toolboxes and algorithms in order to evaluate the accuracy of results returned by the ATR software. He/She will be required to modify site context models and to update order-of-battle changes, ultimately enhancing ATR performance accuracy. Individual will also perform Quality Control on new and updated target models and context models before data can be inserted into operations.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the Field Site Representatives (FSRs) and analysts at remote locations on the selection of target candidates requiring registration or target maintenance.
- Facilitate FSRs and analysts to assist with the integration of software into imagery intelligence operations and to establish/change "alert criteria" reporting thresholds for each target.
- Produce reports to identify ATR accuracy statistics, as well as registration status, of new targets and current targets being modified.
- Provide maintenance of the target and object development database for monthly status reports to be delivered to the Government Program Office.
- Selected candidate will also participate in activities to troubleshoot hardware/software problems and improve software performance.
- Work with other target development staff and intelligence analysts to understand new missions and determine appropriate algorithms to assign for image-based alerting.
- The ideal candidate would be a self-starter, resourceful and reliable, work as a team member or independently, be able to bring new perspectives and ideas to the company, and proactively complete assigned activities on time.
- Must currently possess an Active Top Secret/SCI clearance
- Minimum of eight years of Imagery Analysis experience required, to include: formal Imagery/Geospatial Analysis or Targeting training, First or Second Phase Exploitation Reporting, operational knowledge of the Intelligence Cycle, experience performing image registration through various ELT software applications, experience researching various Intelligence databases.
- Understanding and familiarity with National Geospatial Intelligence (NGA) and COCOM intelligence missions
- Exploitation experience using various national, commercial, and/or airborne sensors
- Experience using GIS databases as a correlation source (georegistration) to provide absolute position fixes
- UNIX/Linux experience
- Experience with image processing, image science, remote sensing
- BS in Geography or Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or comparable training and 4 years of experience in a related position in lieu of degree.
- Experience with 3DS Max and PhotoShop
- Experience building synthetic objects
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Geographic Information Systems
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.