The Product Owner provides a vision and conveys that vision to the team, for Varec’s FuelsManager® suite of software applications. Working in collaboration with stakeholders, this person will define and manage user stories that balance user need, architecture and business objectives. The individual may support multiple development teams in an agile development environment.
- Engages with stakeholders, users and user representatives to understand the needs
- Actively manages stakeholders’ needs and expectations
- Writes and maintains new user stories that define the needs
- Plans releases to deliver incremental business value to the market
- Owner of the product backlog. Proactively manages and prioritizes backlog based on stakeholder feedback, market changes, business priority and available resources
- Works as part of the team to communicate business and customer value in a manner that sparks innovative thought
- Manages features and user stories, splitting as needed during backlog refinement and sprint planning
- Collaborates closely with developers during sprints. Reviews and negotiates user stories and makes timely decisions on execution details
- Specifies and communicates acceptance criteria/definition for user stories
- Accepts/rejects the delivered features or functionality from within each sprint
- Presents completed user stories and collects stakeholder feedback during sprint demonstrations or other solicited feedback sessions
- Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 4+ years of related experience
- Past experience engaging with stakeholders and users to define and verify user stories
- Proven ability to translate user stories and requirements into incremental product releases that deliver best business value
- Knowledge and ability to use Team Foundation Server (TFS) to document and track user stories
- Experience working in collaborative environments, such as team rooms
- Demonstrated understanding of how to verify acceptance criteria for completed user stories
- Certified SCRUM Product Owner (CSPO) and Scrum Master (CSM)
- Knowledge and ability to tighten feedback loop regarding product by defining minimal viable product and releasing often
- Experience in storyboarding, wireframes and other visual tools to clearly communicate user stories between stakeholders and the technical team
- Experience in servant leadership within a mixed discipline technical team
- Past experience with Kanban or other lean/agile frameworks
- Experience working with remote teams using online tools
- Knowledge of SaFE or other scalable SCRUM frameworks
To be included in job posting.
Varec, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is considered the pioneer of inventory tank gauging instrumentation for over 90 years. Today, Varec is a worldwide leader in fuels management systems for total asset visibility and control, supplying integrated hardware and software solutions to oil and gas, defense and aviation markets. The Varec FuelsManager® suite of product solutions has been a longtime standard of major oil companies and the U.S. Department of Defense, as well as aviation tank farm operators and service providers. With its headquarters and manufacturing facility outside of Atlanta, Georgia, Varec also has offices in Virginia, Australia and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit www.varec.com.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:ADP2 / IT2
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Systems Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.