Leidos is seeking a NC3 Technical Editor to support our United States Strategic Command Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) customer. Our customer serves as principal enterprise systems engineering, enterprise architecture, cyber resilience, and technical authority for the Nuclear C3 Enterprise within DoD and oversee systems engineering and integration for the entire National Leadership Command Capability (NLCC) infrastructure.
Work performed at Ft Meade, MD (DISA Headquarters). Active Top Secret/SCI clearance is required.
The NC3 Technical Editor will perform a full range of editing and desktop publishing services for the classified and unclassified production of technical documents, complex illustrations, graphic products, and briefing materials. A desktop publishing capability is required to support this classified program. The support is required in “on-demand” time-frames similar to technical editing support for proposals.
- Provide technical editing and writing, including extensive word processing; conformance to established customer documentation guidelines, procedures, and templates.
- Perform quality control reviews of all products for accuracy; spelling, punctuation, word use inconsistencies in usage, and/or other grammatical errors. Import extensive graphics/tables, etc.
- Preparing documents which requires an understanding of the required contents, the customers, the systems involved, the process for updating the document, and the needed technical expertise.
- Analysis and determination of content involves the description of technical details of the U.S. nuclear command, control, and communications (C3) systems and capabilities.
- Work closely with the authors and provide recommendations on how to best create and publish the final products.
- Bachelor's degree in communication, English, journalism, or equivalent work experience in a Federal government-contracting environment and 12+ years of experience.
- Expertise is required in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Adobe, Graphic programs, Visio.
- Ability to edit, audit, and convert large classified documents (e.g., 300 pages) to desktop publishing quality.
- Familiarity with document conversions into and from PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Adobe PDF, etc.; Familiarity with the MS suite of graphic design tools/programs.
- Prior experience in supporting the publication of large, complex collaborative documents in time constrained environment.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Writing and Editing
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.