Network installations, including the physical placement of conduit, CAT5 and fiber optic cable, wall jacks, hardware, racks and communications equipment as required
- Ensure successful integration of network systems and components
- Receipt of project tasking, review of approved engineering design, validation of router/switch/firewall including complex scripts
Network implementation, testing and troubleshooting, including support of after-hours implementations
Fulfill reporting functions on network status..
- Experience with surveys, installing conveyances, pulling and terminating cable, determining and implementing required pin outs, installing and configuring equipment chase, cards power supplies, racks, patch panels, etc., testing and documenting installations, dressing and labeling cables, racks, patch panels, etc.
- Detailed understanding of EIGRP, OSP, BGP/MP-BGP, and MPLS routing protocols
- Experience in cable installation and cable types (Copper, Fiber)
- Prerequisite knowledge of the latest Cisco and Juniper routing and switching platforms (for Service Provider Core/Edge, Datacenter, and Branch devices)
- Familiarity with Layer 2 and Layer 3 VPNs
- Knowledgeable of Type 1 (Government) and Type 2 (Commercial) Encrypted Cryptographic devices
- Requires high school diploma or equivalent and 5+ years of prior relevant experience.
- The experience can be a combination of degree and relevant work history. This can be a High School degree and 10 years of relevant work history OR an Associates and 8 years, a Bachelors€™ and 6 years, a Masters and 4 years or a PhD and 2 years of relevant work history.
Security Clearance Requirement
- An active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- This position requires ability to satisfy a government administered high risk screening.
Hands-on experience with Firewall appliances (VPN Concentrator and Adaptive Security Appliance) is preferred.BICSI Certification and RCDD/DD Certification, Cisco certification
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:Standard Plus On Call
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.