This position is an IT Systems Architect/Team Lead working on the Service Strategy Team under the direction of the Chief Architect (CA). This dual-function role includes tasks working on team deliverables as well as management tasks to function as a deputy to the Chief Architect. The role is responsible assisting the CA in tracking and managing engineer workloads, maintaining schedules, reviewing and approving trade studies, process improvement, and ensuring on-time delivery of team deliverables. This is a technical leadership position; the ideal candidate has experience with user-facing IT equipment and team leadership skills. The position reports to the Chief Architect and supports other technical and team administrative activities.
System Architect/Team Lead:
- Collaborates with customer representatives on the development new and emerging requirements
- Ensures timely delivery of Service Strategy Team CDRLS.
- Leads team of IT Solution Architects specialized in user-facing IT equipment
- Tracks team workload in JIRA
- Assists in the content development for PMR/QPMR brieifngs
All team members work collaboratively to meet Service Strategy objectives and deliverables, and support any activity in the following Service Strategy functional areas:
- Service Portfolio Management
- Architecture Definition, Documentation and Planning
- Assessments, Studies and Pilots
- Enterprise Integration Services
- Emerging Requirements Management
- Project Management
Team deliverables include, but are not limited to:
- Development and maintenance of Technology Roadmaps
- Development and maintenance of the service catalog
- Development of architectural documentation
- Requirements analysis, development, and management
- Business cases and recommendations
- Other contract CDRLS
Education & Experience:
- Requires BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Active Microsoft Professional Certifications
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Integration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.