The Cyber and SIGINT Solutions Operation (CSS), in the Leidos Intelligence Group, has an opportunity for a Cyber Development Engineer in Columbia, MD. The selected candidate will support research and development relating to offensive and defensive cyber operations, including: Vulnerability analysis, malware analysis, reverse engineering, and tool and exploit development. The research and development will support Leidos programs and new business areas in the Defense, Intelligence, and Civil markets.
The selected candidate will work on Leidos and customer-sponsored research and development projects across the full-spectrum of cyber operations.
• Performing vulnerability research, assessment, and remediation
• Reverse engineering of operating systems, malware, firmware, and other binaries
• Development of cyber tools including command and control systems, foundational tools, exploits, and applications mean to automate offensive and defensive cyber operations
• Evaluating and recommending future research and development projects based on advances in industry, technologies, and Leidos business strategy.
Additionally, the candidate will work with a team of researchers and developers to document and demonstrate Leidos’ R&D capabilities and output to teammates and customers in support of Leidos programs and business development activities.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical field and 12+ years of relevant experience or a Master's degree and 10 years of IT experience including:
• Prior experience performing vulnerability analysis, reverse engineering, and/or cyber tool development
• Experience with Windows, LINUX, Android, and/or iOS operating systems
• Computer programming and scripting experience
• Familiarity with tools and projects including IDA Pro, Metasploit, Ghidra, and others
• Experience with virtualization (e.g., Xen, ESXi or KVM) and containerization technologies
**All candidates must be willing to pursue a US Government security clearance (TS/SCI with Polygraph). The requires US Citizenship to obtain. A security clearance is not required at the time of hire, however, the application process will begin after hire.
Preferred skills - It is highly desirable that the selected candidate has:
• Experience and interest in fundamental networking implementations and concepts, including basic LAN and WAN networking skills
• Development experience with infrastructure languages (e.g. bash, python or golang)
• Experience with Agile software development and DevOps tools and pipelines (e.g. Atlassian suite)
• Experience with Cyber Security Concepts, scanning software (e.g. nmap, nessus, nexpose)
• The ability to work independently to deliver results
• A Master’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical field
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Security Research and Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.