Leidos is seeking a Senior Developer for our Innovation Lab on our SSA ITSSC II program in Baltimore, MD. We are seeking a Developer / Architect who has the skill, desire, and passion to design and develop innovative ideas that are relevant to the modernization efforts of our clients. You will take high level ideas and direction and create functional solutions with little guidance. You will effectively use your abilities in software development, DevOps, security, integration, configuration, analytics, and visualization.
You will be expected to communicate effectively with executive management, demonstrate reference implementations, and provide recommendations based on the findings. In our Innovation Lab, you will adapt to change quickly and use your skills to leverage new technologies, frameworks, and methodologies that show creativity and innovation to complex problems. Our Senior Developer will be a part of a team that will require both working on a team and individually depending on the project. In this role, you will see work through and provide proper status in a timely basis on progress.
- Bachelors' degree plus 11 years' relevant experience, or Masters' degree plus 9 years' relevant experience
Proficiency in DevOps
- Cloud infrastructure: OpenStack, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud
- Virtual Environments: VirtualBox, Vagrant, VMware, Linux on Windows, etc.
- Containers: Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift
- Automation & Configuration: Ansible, Terraform, Puppet, Chef
- Cloud managed services: AWS Lambda, Azure Functions, Elasticache, etc.
Proficiency in Data Analytics
- Hadoop: HDFS, Hive, Spark, HBase
- No-SQL data stores: Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Neo4j, HBase, Impala, Cassandra, Accumulo
- Predictive modeling: PMML, Tensorflow, Caffe
Proficiency in development methods and techniques:
- Agile methodology: Scrum, Kanban, Sprints
- Collaboration tools: Wiki or other
- Version control systems: Git, GitLab, GitHub, Bitbucket
- Continuous integration: Jenkins
- Automated testing: TDD, BDD, Selenium
Proficiency in technologies and coding languages:
- Java, Python, R, Scala, C++
- Data Formats: XML, XSL, XSD, XSLT, JSON, YAML, etc.
- Linux, OS X, and Windows
- Web services
- Rapid Application Development: Node.js, React.js, Ruby on Rails, Grails, Angular.js, Flask, etc.
- Application servers: WebSphere, Tomcat, Apache, NGINX
- Language Processing, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence
- AWS and/or Azure cloud certifications desired
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.