Leidos has an immediate opening for a Commercial of the Shelf (COTS) Product repair Technician to join our team in Chesapeake, VA. You will support the Navy’s AN/SQQ-89 program which provides logistics, and engineering services to help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of parts and material for the US Navy’s AN/SQQ-89 Sonar system.
- Provide direct fleet repair support and engineering services for the AN/SQQ-89A(V)15 Sonar system.
- Provide technical and repair support to US Navy Supply for asset repair of AN/SQQ-89(V) system components (Symmetric Multiprocessors (SMPs), Portable Maintenance devices, tape Drives, computers, etc).
- Shipping, packing and record keeping functions associated with the repair and diagnostics of US Navy equipment.
- Ability to manage multiple repair contracts at one time and work independently, if necessary to conduct needed repairs.
- Breakdown of major equipment to smaller units via the use of hand tools or power tools as required.
- The applicant must have or be able to obtain and retain a DoD Secret Clearance.
- Experience in equipment evaluation/test/repair, reliability analysis, sparing evaluation/calculation, form/fit/function testing, vendor data and market analysis studies, and technical troubleshooting and corrective maintenance development.
- Experience with receiving engineering level and laboratory level source data/drawings for test/evaluation/repair, obsolescence evaluation and mitigation, and technical documentation development.
- COTS electronic equipment, Computer and Symmetric Multiprocessor (SMP) troubleshooting and repair experience including, test equipment operation, soldering, and equipment networking experience.
- Equipment obsolescence mitigation experience.
- Experience with NAVSEA forward-fit/back-fit AN/SQQ-89(V)15 Sonar with EC-200/204, AN/SQQ-89(A(V)15 TI09/TI11 and TI12 Sonar system equipment Maintenance, is a plus.
- Ability to travel, if required.
- High school diploma or equivalent and 3+ years of prior relevant experience.
- AN/SQQ-89 (V)15 with EC 200 or EC 204 and A(V)15 COTS Equipment troubleshooting and repair experience
- AN/SQQ-89 (V)15 with EC 200 or EC 204 and A(V)15 COTS Equipment Technical Document development
- AN/SQQ-89 (V)15 with EC 200 or EC 204 and A(V)15 COTS Equipment obsolescence tracking
- Electro-Static Discharge (ESD) test program development and supervision experience
- Database Entry and Management
- Basic Linux skills
- A+ certification
- 2-M Micro-miniature repair
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Customer Support
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.