More About the Role:
The contractor supporting this position serves as the principal graphic designer predominantly supporting the Analytic Support Division (ASD) as well as advisor to senior management of DOE Office of Intelligence and Counterintelligence on issues related to graphic design.
What You'll Get to Do:
- Design graphic formats such as templates, publications, illustrations, timelines, organizational charts, maps, covers, logos, and flow charts.
- Develop original graphic concepts for product design while skillfully applying graphic design principles.
- Design, produce and deliver moderately complex graphic products, to include participating in customer review meetings to guide project revisions and direct and define project requirements and plans.
- Facilitate discussions about how to visually represent analytic ideas.
- Provide technical troubleshooting and/or pursue resolution from available resources.
- Apply complex graphic design principles, theories, and practices.
- Brief management on the status of projects, as needed.
- Disseminate, and archive IN finished intelligence products as required.
- Other duties as required.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Requires a BA degree and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Position requires individual to have earned a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college or five (5) years of specialized work experience in such fields as graphic design, visual communication, new media design, interactive multimedia design, web design, or a closely related media arts field.
- Visual arts
- Publication, print design, branding/brand identity, promotional design, and marketing and advertisement.
- Producing charts and graphs.
- HTML 5, CSS, Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop, as well as customary Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of web and tablet application design theory.
- Knowledge of industry-standard graphic design software on PC platforms.
An Active TS-SCI-Q
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:DOE Q
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Visual and Graphic Design
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.