Leidos is hiring a senior level NoSQL DBA / Architect capable of designing and implementing an enterprise level NoSQL platform for our SSA ITSSC II program in Baltimore, MD. This requires expert understanding of NoSQL databases throughout the development and production lifecycles in an AWS environment.
This position will be responsible for:
- Administration of NoSQL databases throughout the development and production lifecycles in a AWS environment.
- Design and develop logical and physical database designs from customer requirements.
- Provide advice and support to development resources.
- Provide guidance in the creation and modification of standards and procedures.
- Supporting the standing standards, policies and procedures of the customer team.
- Provide mentorship to group members and will be expected to help develop and support mid and junior level staff.
- May be scheduled for after hours on-call support and will be required to apply production packages during non-peak hours.
- The selected candidate will accept other duties as directed by management
- Bachelors degree plus 12 years of related IT experience or Masters degree plus 10 years of related IT experience
- 5 years' experience in MongoDB, Mongo CE, DynamoDB, DocumentDB, NoSQL Platforms, AWS, Ansible
- Expert in various NoSQL Database platforms, both Open Source and Enterprise editions
- In depth knowledge of NoSQL Architectures
- Experience with replication
- Python Development
- Considered a leader in the field
- Requires the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Experience with Enterprise Edition
- Experience with sharding
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.