The successful candidate will perform day to day management of Network-related projects and develop long-term and strategic objectives to ensure that end user requirements are met. They will perform horizontal integration planning with other functional areas and ensure technical solutions and schedules are implemented in a timely manner. Projects will consist of core network transport engineering and Infrastructure as a Service design and delivery. The Project Manager will be responsible for the management of a major initiative to stand up a new data center and shut down an existing data center. Network specific projects will include a large technology refresh, significant expansion, and large scale transition to a new procurement model requiring most of the network services to be re-acquired.
Typical duties include:
· Ensure that project tasks are completed within deadlines
· Ensure that projects are properly and adequately funded on an ongoing basis. The project manager will need to track multiple lines of funding and expenditures
· Ensure that project personnel are qualified to perform the given tasks and potential project personnel problems are preempted
· Remain conscious of relevant security polices
· Establish and implement streamlined processes and procedures
· Ensure applicable Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are in place
· Direct the daily operations of the projects by analyzing workflow, establishing priorities, developing standards and setting deadlines
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Technology Management or technical discipline with related industry experience in software engineering, systems engineering, or network engineering.
· 12+ years as a Project Manager managing technical projects in a customer's environment
· PMP Certification
· Experience managing projects using the customer’s Project Management Framework (PMF)
Must have a strong and proven background in Network Engineering
Proven experience coordinating and synchronizing a number of IT projects, developing and maintaining a master schedule, developing and maintaining a high level budget, and preparing senior management communication briefs.
Experience managing projects in a Data Center environment
· Proven experience leading teams and working across organizational boundaries to meet mission requirements
· Proven experience streamlining processes and procedures
· Proven experience managing projects within schedule, scope and
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.