Leidos is looking for Intelligence Technical Specialists to provide document scanning support to the KODIAK declassification program. This positions primary responsibility is to support the digitization effort to convert paper documents to image, performing quality control of images and indexing various fields pulled from the scanned documents. In this position every individual will be cross-trained so that the entire life-cycle of digitization can be performed by each member of the team. This ensures quality assurance in scanning, indexing, and editing.
The successful candidate will be a self-motivated, independent worker who can also work in and contribute to a team environment. The candidate will be part of a team that maintains data entry production, scanning; prepares work to be processed; and inputs data in a classified environment. This position requires extreme attention to detail and the ability to adapt to changing work requirements and priorities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Record and maintain pertinent data describing material received, including the date of receipt, number of physical items, and name of receiver, container barcode/tracking number, and transmittal sheet tracking number.
• Review and prepare files and documents based on conversion requirements to include but not limited to: arranging records in date order, removing duplicate copies, removing staples and clipping multipage documents.
• Determine which scanning device will properly perform the operations depending on the type of quality of documents to be imaged
• Perform and monitor all activities required to scan the documents
• Receive boxes check in to database and track from start to finish
• Create and prepare batches
• Schedule and coordinate meetings and coordinate transportation
• Case Management and quality control in CADRE
• Maintain inventory of workstations and all equipment
• Responsible for taking care of walk in customers
• Provide daily preventative maintenance (care and cleaning) of all scanning equipment as recommended by the manufacturer or as needed
• Review the scanned document images electronically to verify that all pages within the document were scanned accurately and completely. The review shall include a 100% verification of each scanned page image to ascertain the image quality. Rescanning of documents will be required if the scanned images are deemed poor quality.
• Perform hardcopy scanning, microform, scanning, oversized scanning (e.g. maps, charts, and drawings) and image formatting/conversion.
• Deliver scanned pages in electronic format and meet scanning targets and deadlines.
• Lift cartons weighing up to 35 pounds, as required
• Must work 8 hours a day – and cover time to 16:30pm.
Minimum Required Skills/Experience
• Bachelor degree and at least 1 year of experience or 4 years work experience in lieu of degree
• Must have a TS/SCI with poly to be considered
• Previous scanning experience is required
• Must have strong attention to detail with focus in QC and Indexing
• Ability to use various scanning and viewing equipment and tools to ensure accuracy and quality while meeting goals and requirements
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
• Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to work well as a team member
• Must have an understanding of security requirements and be able to adhere to them
• Exceptional Customer service skills
• Ability to work independently or with minimal supervision
• Ability to adapt to changing work requirements and priorities
• Extensive knowledge in the use of MS Office, the Internet, and other internal applications necessary to complete routine and moderately complex tasks.
• Excellent working knowledge of computer software to include search capability.
• Working knowledge of customer systems preferred
• Proficient in KOFAX scanning documents
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Documentation Control
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.