The Intelligence Group at Leidos is currently seeking an Open-Source (OSINT) Targeter/Analyst for an Intelligence Community customer. The successful candidate will work as a member of a government contractor team supporting exciting counter proliferation and counter Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) mission. Work will be performed in a fast-paced, high-energy environment and candidates must have an active TS/SCI with a polygraph clearance in order to be considered. Successful candidates will conduct open source analysis and research from multiple sources with a focusing on Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD), including in biological weapons. The primary function of an Open-Source Targeter/Analyst is to assist in performing target analysis and research, using a variety of analytic tools and data sources to perform research and analyze priority intelligence targets and problems that support the government mission.
Successful candidates will identify and evaluate possible counterterrorism and counterintelligence concerns, provide high-quality written products and briefings, and empower decision-makers by producing detailed.
• Review open-source and customer specific information to identify leads
• Draft comprehensive, high-quality reports in support of the customer’s objectives
• Engage a variety of components within the customer organization to address mission requirements and develop insight in support of operations
• Engage components within the customer organization to address targeting requirements and develop new leads for exploitation
• Conduct detailed searches on items of interest and relay pertinent data to relevant customer components
• Design particular classified activities, propose recommendations, and identify the pros/cons of possible operational scenarios
• Coordinate legal and policy issues affecting cases and overseas offices
• Provide in-depth research on existing cases, and intelligence assessments using all-source and classified information
• Provide briefings on cases to senior customer officials, identifying potential issues on cases
• The successful candidate will have knowledge and experience of the various intelligence disciplines and the Intel Community.
• Collaborate with team members on analysis topics and research.
• Candidates must have an active TS/SCI with a polygraph clearance in order to be considered.
• BA/BS degree and at least 2 years of experience supporting intelligence operations or 6 years of work experience in lieu of degree
• 1+ years of experience supporting intelligence operations
• 1+ years of experience utilizing and reporting on GEOINT, SIGINT, HUMINT or OSINT.
• 1+ years of experience conducting analysis of Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD), specializing in biological/chemical weapons
• 1+ years of experience following and implementing Intelligence Community procedures and practices
• Ability to convey technical information to non-technical information
• Familiarity with a variety of writing styles and classified client databases, including specific targeting tools
• Strong briefing and writing skills are a must as well as the ability to work well with teams or individually with minimal supervision
• Demonstrated regional and/or functional expertise or a working knowledge of geographic regions of interest to the United States
• Demonstrated experience writing high-quality reports and briefing for a senior audiences
• Demonstrated experience working with a variety of data and using it to generate various levels of reporting to decision makers
• Ability to communicate in a professional manner with representatives throughout the IC in person, by telephone and through written correspondence
• Have a working-level ability with all components of Microsoft Office
• Background in counter proliferation, WMD, electronic publishing, imagery analysis, or open-source analysis
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.