Leidos is seeking a technical thought leader to drive the development, implementation, and maintenance of the quality assurance and control systems for its $4.6 billion Defense Healthcare Management System Modernization (DHMSM) program. The mission of the DHMSM program is to standardize the delivery of healthcare for nearly 10 million service members and their families. This position will be on site in Vienna, VA.
In this critical role, the manager is responsible for leading the Quality Assurance Program and ensuring the conformance of standards, processes, methods, and procedures for developing, inspecting, testing, and evaluating the precision, accuracy, and quality of deliverable products. This individual will enhance the quality assurance approach and plan across the program. This activity will require active engagement and implementation of regularly scheduled internal process audits, monitoring performance measurements, conducting root cause analysis, documenting nonconformances, analyzing metrics, performing trend analysis, monitoring development/test activities and assisting with implementation of corrective/preventive actions. The successful candidate will have extensive experience with quality assurance and control, supporting product and service development and baseline implementation. The candidate will be a proactive agent for change, possess high energy, have a passion for quality, and be self-motivated. The candidate will utilize improvement expertise (e.g. six sigma/lean) to implement cost, service and technical efficiencies to program processes and service optimization. The Quality Management Tasks include the following:
- Assist program instantiation and enhancement of the quality management system
- Participate in the development, maintenance and refinement of internal quality controls
- Deploy and implement QMS processes
- Provide team support to enhance, optimize program processes and technical procedures, tools, reports, databases.
- Perform internal audits of the technical accuracy of procedures used to execute the actual changes documented in defect reports/change requests and monitor weekly report and monthly metrics
- Implement root cause analysis on requirement escapes to prevent recurrence.
- Recommend, facilitate, track and report on continuous process improvement activities
- Implement audit practices for internal processes and products
- Provide the program manager with timely metrics and audit outcomes to gauge progress towards objectives.
- Implement continual service improvement activities to optimize processes from a cost, schedule and technical perspective.
- Report to higher-level management on Quality Achievement and act as liaison for enterprise quality initiatives for the program.
- Review and approve contract deliverables (e.g. plans, procedures, reports, CDRLs/SDRLs) prior to release to the customer
- Establish a strategic test monitoring approach for Quality Assurance oversight for conformance.
- Leads the team in developing new products, processes, standards or operational plans in support of the project/family. Has budget accountability for work area or manage elements of the budget.
- Problems and issues faced are complex and require information gathering and thoughtful analysis to understand the problem. Problems are difficult and complex and typically involve multiple small projects, families or customers.
- Communicates with parties within and outside of own area, which may include external constituents depending upon the area. Requires ability to influence others outside of own area on policies, practices and procedures.
- Manages a large team of experienced professionals who exercise latitude and independence in their assignments. Leads, directs and reviews the work of team who exercise latitude and independence in their assignments. Is responsible for hiring, firing, promotion and reward authority within own area, in accordance with manager review and approval.
- Requires broad management and leadership knowledge to lead project or program teams in one family. Has advanced knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline with broad understanding of other areas within the function.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet objectives. Works with PM and/or Managers within the Functional Organizations to suggest solutions commensurate with the assignment. Work is reviewed and measured based on meeting objectives and schedules.
- Works on problems of simple to moderate complexity where analysis of situation or data requires an evaluation of various factors. Exercises some independent judgment within defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Work is accomplished with moderate direction. Exerts modest latitude in determining objectives of assignments. May determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
- Requires a BA/BS and 10+ years of prior relevant experience in quality tasks directly related to the proposed area of responsibility or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Must have 4+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- Experience with Quality Management Systems (QMS) that operate within the guidance of ISO 9001:2015, CMMI – DEV ML3, or CMMI – SVC ML3.
- Experience/certification in the practice of process auditing. Developing audit results and maintaining Corrective Actions and Opportunities for Improvement will be required.
- Experience with the collection/examination and use of metrics. Six Sigma methodology experience/certification is encouraged. Proficiency in the use of data/metrics tools is required.
- An understanding of Configuration Management, Data Management, and Risk Management is required. Participation in the Risk Management activities will be required.
- Familiarity with the Software Development and System Integration Lifecycle.
- Flexibility to meet the schedule demands of the program. The program is dynamic and the QA team must be able to support many activities simultaneously.
- Ability to acquire Public Trust and ADP2
- Lean Six-Sigma Training (e.g. Green Belt or Black Belt) and experience with implementing process improvements
- Experienced with peer reviews, defect tracking and trend analysis
- Experience collecting and analyzing metrics
- Ability to multi-task, complete tasks without direct supervision, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, & Project)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.