At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but also change the world. We offer a robust benefits package including competitive salaries; company matching 401K Retirement Plan; comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage; tuition reimbursement and more.
The Airborne Sensors & Analytics Division within the Defense Group has a dynamic opportunity for an Airborne ISR Project Manager to work at our Manassas Regional Airport, VA office in support of the Airborne Reconnaissance Low – Enhanced (ARL-E) program. ARL-E is a multi-year program supporting the U.S. Army with upgrading and enhancing the Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) capabilities of their airborne reconnaissance fleet.
As the Airborne ISR Project Manager, you will direct and coordinate Task Order execution for a state of the art Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) platform undergoing design, integration, test and evaluation activities; coordinate multifaceted efforts between multiple Integrated Product Teams; interact daily with senior level management and government leadership on the short and long term planning and execution of program directed efforts.
- Evaluate, create and execute aircraft integration, ground test, and flight test plans to optimize effectiveness and prevent schedule disruptions.
- Lead a diverse team of professionals to ensure daily operational success
- Managing the administrative, operations, MEP maintenance staff, and operational employment of the Task Order
- Work with the ARL-E team to ensure all staff administrative requirements are met
- Liaison with local Government customers and outside agencies in a timely and professional manner
- Control Account Manager
- Provide support and guidance to site Integrated Product Teams (IPT) in the execution of daily activities
- Ensure compliance with Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) flight and ground operations policies and procedures
- Prepare, verify and submit Government Flight Representative required documentation
- Provide daily feedback to Program Management on daily activities
- Coordinate efforts of a multi-contractor team consisting of aircraft integration, flight operations, testing and analysis functions to ensure all requirements are met and on schedule
- Author Statements of Work and manage Sub-Contractors as required
- Lead hiring, promotion, performance and rewards decisions for direct reports
- Ensure employees are trained to perform their mission
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below.
- Experience with Airborne ISR, specifically in the areas of integration and testing
- Capable of working autonomously with little or no supervision
- Ability to write reports, maintain and update an Integrated Master Schedule (IMS)
- Extensive experience with DCMA (Defense Contract Management Agencies) policies and procedures
- Depth of knowledge in Army Aviation Regulations and Publications
- Knowledge in leading and managing the execution of aviation processes, projects and tactical employment
- 10% travel to CONUS customer and company locations required
- A Bachelor’s degree and 8 years’ of relevant experience or Master's Degree and 6 years’ of relevant experience; additional years of relevant work experience required in lieu of degree
- An active DOD Secret Clearance required, with the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret/SCI
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration
- Experience with MS Project, Office, PowerPoint
- Current DoD Top Secret/SCI clearance
- Knowledge and experience with FAA Part 145 guidelines
- Knowledge and experience with DHC-8 aircraft
- Knowledge and experience with Mission Equipment Payloads
- Experience with operational airborne ISR
- Experience with Earned Value Management
- PMP Certification
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.