The Candidate will design, install, configure and support the customer’s data communications systems; maintain the network hardware and software as well as monitor the network to ensure network availability to all system users; and perform the necessary maintenance to support network availability. Tasks may include: participate in the development of new network designs, assess network management architecture, document the architecture, develop test plans, and conduct the testing effort. The candidate will be responsible for installations, upgrades, support and problem resolution for mainly Linux based operating system
Must be dynamic, innovative, self-starting problem solver. Must have the aptitude and attitude to tackle unsolved technical challenges.
- BS in Computer Science, Network Engineering, Systems Engineering or related technical discipline with 12+ years’ experience; additional experience in lieu of degree.
- 8+ years of Network Engineering experience;
- Experience with Optical networking (ONS)
- UNIX (Linux, Solaris, BSD) administration experience
- Remote network and server administration experience
- Experience designing and implementing VPNs
- Experience with the implementation of X.509 certificates, Secure Socket Layer (SSL)
- Routing and WAN connectivity experience
- PERL/Shell Script experience
- Experience with IP related services to include HTTP, FTP, NNTP, and SMTP
- Experience with routing services to include DHCP, ARP, RARP
- Experience with connection services to include SOAP, RMI, RPC
- Cisco CCNP Certification
- Juniper JNCP Certification
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.