The Contractor occupying this position will perform project management support and analysis/intelligence research support in the area of nuclear materials security.
Position requires Contractor to have earned a BA degree and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- To support this position, the Contractor shall:
- Have a background and demonstrated experience in the analysis and evaluation of technical and scientific data.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Possess the ability to prepare a variety of recurring and special reports, messages, briefings, and information papers.
- Have proficiency with automated data processing capabilities and their use including Microsoft Office applications.
Note: In addition to the aforementioned required qualifications, it is desirable for the Contractor to have previous service or knowledge of the DOE and/or National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) and its mission.
The Contractor candidate fulfilling this position shall:
- Complete individual and team-based tasking from NMIP management in support of the NMIP mission, resulting in both draft and finished products. This includes support for both project management tasks, as directed by a Fed, and intelligence analysis research and production.
- Participate in quality assurance, task monitoring, coordination, and facilitation activities related to NMIP analysis.
- Monitor current intelligence and open source reporting for relevance to IN-13 missions, providing assessments of reports in regards to established or developing threat streams.
- Inquire with other agency representatives to obtain clarification on reporting, as required.
- Respond to incoming inquiries from within DOE and the broader nuclear security, intelligence, and counter-terrorism (CT) communities regarding the Nuclear Materials Information Program (NMIP) equities. Maintain situational awareness of developing global and national events, informing DOE-IN and the broader DOE community of items of interest or concern.
- Develop materials in support of briefings to senior policymakers and the intelligence community.
- Participate in briefings to policymaker and intelligence communities on focused project results and related nuclear security equities.
- Attend interagency working group meetings related to nuclear material security and CT equities.
An active TS-SCI-Q
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:DOE Q
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.