As a Leidos Senior PC Technician/Site Point Of Contact, you will be a member of a team of technicians providing support to the US Army Corps of Engineers – Information Technology (ACE-IT) program. This role will work from Concord, Massachusetts.
When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”, as well as company that provides:
- A stable 50-year history
- Work/life balance
- A diverse array of leadership and growth opportunities
- A strong culture, dedicated to inclusion, innovation and ethics
- Excellent benefits
- Exposure to new technologies
ACE-IT provides secure enterprise-wide IT and information management support services to more than 37,000 end users. Our Leidos team designs, engineers and operates a worldwide data network, in addition to providing direct on-site command and control, coordination, planning and operations and maintenance support for routine and emergency information technology resources and services at more than 1,500 locations in the continental U.S., Pacific Ocean Division headquarters, Honolulu District and Alaska District.
- Provides second-tier support to end-users for PC, server, mainframe applications, and hardware. Handles problems that the first-tier of help desk support is unable to resolve.
- May interact with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problem.
- Simulates or recreates user problems to resolve operating difficulties.
- Recommends systems modifications to reduce user problems.
- Maintains currency and highest level of technical skill in field of expertise.
Support responsibilities include software installation, and configurations. The PC Technician performs technical, operational, and training support to users of personal computers either by telephone, or on-site for PC desktop hardware and software packages. Job duties require the technician to install and test personal computers, printers, and other peripherals, configure operating system, load shrink-wrap programs and other application software programs. In this position, the candidate troubleshoots printer, computer, and peripheral incidents, performs hardware and software diagnostics, coordinates needed repairs, resolves computer system problems, including coordination between users and components of a local area network, and participates in the evaluation of system configuration and software. Site POC and point of contact for Tier 3 support and escalations.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education
- 4+ years of professional, applicable experience
- Current DoD 8570 IA Baseline Certification, IAT Level I (examples: A+ CE, Network+ CE, SSCP, CCNA-Security certifications)
- Must obtain appropriate DoD 8570 IA Computing Environment Certification within 6 months of employment
- Experience supporting Windows 7, Windows 10, and MS Office 2013.
- Experience using Remedy or a similar ticketing system.
- Strong analytical and follow through skills.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to coordinate and get cooperation from multiple areas within IT to accomplish assignments.
- Ability to work well independently on defined tasks.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Interim Secret Clearance required prior to start
- Experience maintaining Lexmark, HP, or Ricoh printer devices (i.e. installing maintenance kits)
- Prior USACE/ACE-IT experience
- Experience working in a DoD environment
- Experience supporting Office 365
- Demonstrated experience as a Lead PC Technician
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:SCA Computer Support
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.