LEIDOS Military & Veterans Health Solutions Group has an opening for a DHMSM Technical Proposal Solutions Lead to support the DHMSM contract in Vienna, VA.
LEIDOS is currently searching for a motivated and adaptable individual to support the Department of Defense Healthcare Management System Modernization (DHMSM) Program, a highly visible $4.3B single award IDIQ vehicle that provides support to the Defense Health Agency. The DHMSM program is the DoD’s leading program designed to deploy a modern electronic health record (EHR) system across the United States and around the globe. Leidos, with core partners Cerner, Accenture, and Henry Schein, will support the DHMSM Program Executive Office (PEO) and the Defense Health Agency in the global deployment of our proposed EHR that will deliver improved system capability to the DoD whenever and wherever healthcare is required. The DHMSM system will provide important health IT capabilities to 9.6 million active military, their families, and their beneficiaries. The system will replace the current EHR AHLTA/CHCS, which Leidos built and currently provides sustainment services at locations around the world.
The DHMSM Proposal Solutions Lead will be responsible for the development of technical solutions in response to DHMSM Government customer requests for Engineering Change Proposals, ROMs and White Papers. The DHMSM Proposal Solutions Lead will evaluate RFP/ROM requirements, leverage program subject matter and function experts, and Leidos core competencies to develop the solution. They are responsible for designing, planning, and managing the technical approach, ensuring that it meets RFP/ROM and program requirements; is competitive, realistic and feasible; and, carries acceptable risk. The DHMSM Proposal Solutions Lead validates the incorporation of the solution in the Technical Volume and supporting Basis of Estimates, and provides guidance to the proposal team to ensure proposal products accurately depicts the solution.
DHMSM Proposal Solutions Lead is responsible for understanding and adhering to the proposal schedule, assigning and managing writers, preparing documentation for formal reviews, and responding to direction from the Proposal Manager. They will ensure that writers develop compliant content that communicates the solution with sufficient detail describing how the solution is implemented and requirements addressed, with supporting proof points and substantiation.
The Technical Proposal Lead will have the Technical Engineering knowledge to act as a technical subject matter expert. This role will work with the Proposal Manager to establish the outline and section page count in proportion to evaluation criteria weighting and confirm with the Proposal Manager before making changes; do not allow writers to unilaterally revise the outline.
- Participate in strategy development to ensure a thorough understanding of the solution and to provide guidance to drive the team to close on the winning solution.
- Have the Technical knowledge to support as a SME
- Challenge the proposal team to consider a variety of alternative solutions early in the proposal process.
- Document technical solution development activities as they occur (e.g., decisions, assumptions, results, and changes) for optimal traceability and usability.
- Support multiple RFP tasks, sometimes with rapid turnaround deadlines.
- Develop text and figures for the Technical Volume by interviewing subject matter experts and program personnel, as needed.
- Excellent writing, organizational, and communication skills.
- Requires BS degree and 9 years of relevant experience.
- Ability to work to meet deadlines.
- US Citizen with ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance. Federal Government requirement
- Technical Engineering knowledge
- Ability to work well both in a team and independently
- Up-to-date knowledge of proposal best practices
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to create original content using interview and research techniques
- Fluency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and SharePoint
- Demonstrated experience in proposal writing covering all typical solicitation sections (e.g., Management, Technical, Staffing)
- Relevant experience with demonstrated technical proposal leadership.
- 4 years Federal Government proposal management, support, and/or writing experience
- Current Public Trust or secret clearance
- Current CAC
- Experience with Cerner products
- Experience supporting the DoD is preferred, and experience supporting the Defense Health community is a major benefit
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:ADP2 / IT2
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.