Looking for work-life balance? Leidos offers generous leave and accommodating flex-time to help you juggle your personal and professional life.
Be our next Release Manager providing oversight, management, and execution of the entire release management lifecycle for the D3P system in our Reston, VA office. As our Release Manager, you will work closely with the System Integration/DevOps and Operations teams as well as Systems Engineers, Software Engineers, Architects, and Operations Engineering/Manager to perform and manage the full spectrum of release management activities. Additionally, provide ongoing release and production monitoring support after each release is deployed.
Roles you will be doing on the job:
- Work/collaborate closely with the System Integration/DevOps and Operations teams as well as Lead SE and Systems Engineers, architects, software, data, test, and devops engineers as well as scrum-masters on the following key tasks:
- Manage and oversee entire software release effort to successfully deploy software releases to include hotfixes, defect tracking, production operations status reporting
- Lead software release meetings and oversee release team execution to deliver product on schedule
- Obtain solid understanding of software features in order to plan for current and upcoming releases
- Document release rollout plans/tasks, risks and maintain schedule for release rollouts
- Hold daily release tag-ups/scrum and document minutes/actions/status
- Generate work tickets for release tasks and assign to team members
- Participate in release planning, scrum of scrums, bug triage and other pertinent meetings
- Coordinate with test team members on release/hotfix testing
- Establish release processes, perform process improvements, and document processes
- Report release status to PM staff and Customer as needed
- Assist with resolution of technical issues that adversely impact successful product delivery
- Assist with identifying and supporting external dependencies where needed
Skills you need to be successful in this role:
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems Engineering, or related technical field or equivalent experience with 8+ years in software development, release management, or systems engineering or 4 additional years in lieu of degree
- Must have an active Top Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance
- At least 2+ years’ experience working as a software Release Manager for large scale systems using agile methodology
- Experience with release management and packaging methodologies and tools with emphasis on deployment of a product that consists of 25+ loosely-coupled code repositories
- Familiarity with GitFlow development model
- Familiarity with continuous integration/continuous deployment tools (Jenkins, Bamboo, or equivalent)
- Demonstrable knowledge with managing and overseeing entire release management cycle to include hotfixes, defect tracking, production operations status reporting
- Demonstrable experience in documenting releases, risks and in maintaining the schedule of planned releases and ability to lead software release meetings and oversee release team execution to deliver product on-time
- Knowledge of systems engineering concepts (requirements, design, etc.), systems engineering processes, and applying these concepts to software-intensive systems and release management cadence
- Excellent project management and planning skills. Sustained track record of successfully managing multiple programs/projects concurrently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required to collaborate with testers, systems engineers, architects, software developers, management as well as ability to work with multiple teams to release software
- Familiarity with agile software development processes and products (release and sprint planning, product backlog management/refinement, retrospectives, etc.)
- Experience with use of tools such as Atlassian Jira and Confluence
- Demonstrated ability to participate in cross-functional planning, coordination, and task execution situations involving the full spectrum of system integration activities
- Ability to work well/collaborate with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience as well as working within a team environment; Experience and ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- Experience and domain knowledge related to data processing
- Experience with Linux, shell scripting
- Experience with big data applications
- Experience with Linux, shell scripting
- Advanced technical degree or systems engineering or software development/process certifications
More about our Program:
The DOMEX Data Discovery Platform (D3P) program is a next generation machine learning pipeline platform that will provide cutting edge data enrichment, triage, and analytics capabilities to Defense and Intelligence Community members. D3P will advance the state of the art in mission-focused big data analytics tools and micro-service development spanning the breadth of Agile sprints to multiyear research and development cycles.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.