Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals. We are a leader in the integration, application, and advancement of information, technology, and services to address critical customer needs in protecting the homeland, responding to threats and disasters, enforcing and administering our laws, safeguarding cyberspace and securing our borders.
- Mission Cyber and Network Defense
- Intelligence and Linguistic Services
- Cargo, Baggage, Vehicle and Personnel Screening
- Human Capital Services
- Enterprise IT
- Complex Logistics
- Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear Defense
The Leidos Security and Transportation Technology (S&TT) Division currently has an opening for an Imaging Scientist in Vista, CA. Leidos designs, manufactures, and maintains an extensive product line of non-intrusive inspection (NII) equipment, radiation detection equipment (RDE), and explosives detection systems. These products employ a variety of x-ray producing machines and x-ray detectors as well as imaging techniques. The Image scientist will be responsible for image processing algorithm development in support of new product development and existing product enhancement. The successful candidate will be a key member of the S&TT engineering department’s Science and System team with primary responsibilities for imaging related task. These will include system modelling, algorithm development, Image quality verification, image quality assurance and technology transfer to software development.
The Imaging Scientist will:
• Be responsible for image QA/QC tool development, image enhance tool development, image compensation algorithm for x-ray imaging systems
• Collaborate with a team of scientists and engineers in order to develop proof of concept, prototype, and production-ready on imaging algorithm
• Enhanced existing product performance with image algorithm
• Lead and document design reviews to ensure team buy-in on selected design directions
• Report progress to upper management tracking project status against projected schedule and cost
• Follow established S&TT ISO processes
• Make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through information technology, engineering, and science
Required Education & Experience:
• Requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
• Master’s degree in engineering, computer science, physics, or closely related field
• The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience in the area of imaging technology.
• Experience with statistic, deconvolution and other image processing technique
• Self-starter, a team player and hands-on experience
Desired Education & Experience:
• Doctorate in engineering, computer science, physics, or closely related field
• Strong Knowledge in X-ray image processing, pattern recognition, image quality measurement, computed tomography techniques
• Programming in C++, Python, Matlab experience
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.