Leidos Enterprise & Cyber Solutions Defense group is currently seeking a Chief Nuclear Weapons Effects (NWE) SME who will provide technical expertise, direction, and guidance on the effects of nuclear weapons on the communications assets/infrastructure of the Next Generation NC3 Enterprise Network. Our customer serves as principal enterprise systems engineering, enterprise architecture, cyber resilience, and technical authority for the Nuclear C3 Enterprise within DoD and oversee systems engineering and integration for the entire National Leadership Command Capability (NLCC) infrastructure. Work performed at Ft Meade, MD (DISA Headquarters). An active DOD Top Secret/SCI clearance is required to qualify.
The Chief Nuclear Weapons Effects SME will provide technical expertise, direction, and guidance on the effects of nuclear weapons on the communications assets/infrastructure of the current and future NC3 Enterprise Network. As the Chief Nuclear Weapons Effects SME, you will provide review, analysis, evaluation, risk assessment, and development of recommendations for to insure communications and network operability/survivability in the face of nuclear weapons employment by state/non-state adversaries in all environments from ground to space. You will also provide training support through briefings and lectures to NC3 Enterprise Center (NEC) personnel on the various impacts of nuclear weapons on communication systems.
To be successful in this role, you must have demonstrated hands on experience and knowledge in following areas:
• NC3 system and its general operation in support of the Nuclear Triad
• Frequency domains and respective communication systems of the NC3
• Nuclear weapons: their design and impacts of design (e.g., yield) on NWE
• Nuclear weapons: physics of nuclear explosions in all regimes from ground to space
• Nuclear weapons: impact on environments (especially from high-altitude nuclear explosions) and generated effects on systems such as SGEMP and TREE
• Modeling and Simulation tools for assessments of NWE on communication system links (LFCOM, ASSIST, GSCENARIO, for example)
• Modeling and Simulation tools for assessments of HANE (HEMPTAP, EMREP for example)
• Mil-Stds related to NWE and their implementation/impact on NC3 systems design
• Experience in NWE on SATCOM systems and thorough understanding of the technical design, performance, and survivability of such systems to include all aspects affecting link budgets for SATCOM systems is a plus.
Masters or PhD in Engineering, Physics or a related field and 15-20 years direct experience.
Active and current DoD Top Secret/SCI Clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Nuclear Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.