Be part of a dynamic team in providing legal and technical services to support the Department of Justice and other U.S. Government agencies. From emails and instant messages, to serves, electronic devices, and social media systems, we’re equipped to meet the challenge of forensically capturing, reviewing, and illuminating the “smoking gun” evidence. Join us and make a difference.
Leidos is seeking an Human Resources / Administrative Assistant to join our Washington, D.C. team. In a busy federal agency, maintain communication with internal staff, on-board new employees, records/database administration, manage complex files, and analyze data. This is an HR support position that does not involve recruiting or hiring but involves daily operations and maintenance of a high volume, government HR department.
- Supports HR Manager by assisting with screening candidates, interviewing, and testing applicants
- Notifies existing staff of internal opportunities; maintains personnel records; obtains temporary staff from agencies.
- Maintains human resources records by recording new hires, transfers, terminations, changes in job classifications, merit increases; tracking vacation, sick, and personal time.
- Orients new employees by providing orientation information packets; reviewing company policies; gathering withholding and other payroll information; explaining and obtaining signatures for benefit programs.
- Documents human resources actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
- Reviews approved organizational charts and ensuring proper organizational alignment.
- Creates and runs reports in the Human Resources Information System
- Reviews and updates employee personal/job information.
- Troubleshoots errors independently and completes a thorough analysis of records in order to correct any discrepancies prior to data entry for updating.
- Gathers and analyzes data for input into the appropriate modules of the automated system.
- Knowledge of HR systems
- Knowledge of timekeeping system
- Knowledge of travel system
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced legal environment.
- Experience handling confidential/sensitive information.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and have familiarity with a variety of computer applications including databases (such as document review and file management systems), spreadsheets, and imaging.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- At least three years of experience in human resources.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust security clearance
- Administrative or project management experience a plus.
- Familiarity with federal government office environment a plus.
- Advanced degree such as JD, MPH, or MPA preferred.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:SCA Paralegal
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.