Leidos Defense Group has an opening for an Airborne Solutions Operation Chief Technology Officer (CTO) to join our Airborne Operation team in Manassas, VA.
The Operation CTO will be responsible for overall Operation technical innovation, differentiation, and strategy to include technical solutions for priority captures, management of the Operation internal research and development (IR&D) portfolio, and supporting technical performance on major programs. The CTO will actively participate in the definition and implementation of the long-term technology strategy aligned to the Operation, Group, and Corporate technology strategy, and the ever-evolving set of Operation, Group, and Corporate goals. You will meet with current and potential customers to demonstrate the company's credentials at solving problems with technically-sound solutions.
- Closely partnering with Operation management to ensure the Operation’s technology strategy is aligned with the organization's strategic plan and is reflected in the business development plans.
- Consult with business leadership on potential solutions to problems.
- Be an active participant in the Capture Process to include writing and reviewing proposal material.
- Seek partnerships with strategic suppliers, renowned universities, and research institutions to increase learning opportunities, sponsor research projects that take Airborne Solutions Operation solutions to the next level, and where possible, showcase developing technology both internally and externally.
- Be the chief collaborator for all technical matters external to the operation and to any other organization within Leidos, and internal to Operation management and the Operation engineering leadership.
- Responsible for the development and mentoring of a set of mid to senior level technical staff.
- Master’s degree in a Technology, Engineering, or Aviation Technology field with 20+ years of relevant experience. Additional years of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of Master's degree.
- Prior experience should include minimum 10 years of Aviation Technology experience.
- Domain expertise in general aviation, aircraft integration, and airborne ISR solutions. Specifically mission aircraft; unmanned air systems; aircraft modification and integration; communications solutions; ISR sensors and integration; ISR signal processing; ISR operator performance and workload issues; mission planning, execution, and analysis; AS9100 Quality Management; System Type Certificates.
- Prior technical roles within organizations of similar size and scope ($700M and 1000 employees) with growing duties and responsibilities.
- Large acquisition program experience.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, DoD, Federal and Intelligence Community aviation customers and industry peers.
- Experience with policy formation, performance management, and best practices in the Defense and Federal industries.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, along with public speaking skills.
- Ability to influence and persuade others, as well as handle difficult negotiations requiring a well-developed sense of strategy.
- Ability to mentor, lead, and promote talent.
- Significant experience supporting capture activities to include chairing/participating in Business Opportunity Gate Reviews, writing specific sections of proposals, providing preliminary technical guidance for solutions, and task cost estimation.
- Secret Clearance is required (Top Secret Clearance preferred) and ability to obtain Top Secret/SCI clearance.
- 25% travel required.
- Ph.D. in a Technology, Engineering or Aviation Technology field
- TS/SCI clearance
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Top Management ENG
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.