The Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Data Center Manager to work in Laurel, MD. Data Center Manager is responsible for support, maintenance, performance and uptime of the Enterprise Data Centers. Ensure compliance of Access Control, property coordination and accountability, equipment installations/removal, Power Space and Cooling Oversight, and general daily operations.
- Manage physical access to enterprise datacenters and to the racks in the datacenters
- Manage the Datacenters Service Level Agreements
- Liaise with the datacenters support staff
- Liaise with the datacenters customers/users
- Design and manage the cable infrastructure and ensure compliance with all applicable regulations
- Design and manage rack layouts and ensure compliance with all applicable regulations
- Follow F6 Datacenters procedures and processes and with Government approval establish new and/or modify existing procedures and processes for efficiency.
- Refer customer requests for system health/status monitoring to IT Operations
- Track the completion of all service and access requested for Data Center
- Plan and schedule work to perform in the Data Center during Monday through Friday business hours on a weekly basis
- Plan and schedule work to perform in the Data Center during non-business hours on a weekly basis
- Ensure all Data Center security and escort policies are followed
- Provide equipment accountability and coordination of Data Center equipment installations/removal
- Advise the Installations and Logistics Office of power, space and cooling requirements and/or concerns.
- Provide Data Center weekly status reports to Contractor Program Manager and government representatives.
- Seven (7) years’ experience, of which a desired three (3) year within the Intelligence Community, with the management of large IT Computer rooms daily activities such managing room access, planning and scheduling equipment installation and facility work, accountability of equipment being installed or removed, documenting room floor layouts and rack elevations, and maintaining the accuracy of all documentation and databases
- Certification: Data Center Engineering Specialist or; Data Center Operations Specialist or; Data Center Technology Professional
Security Clearance Requirement
Must have an active TS/SCI with a polygraph in order to be considered for this position.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.