Leidos Defense Enterprise and Cyber Solutions (E&CS) is searching for a Chief Architect (CA) to participate in an enterprise IT services capture opportunity and become the CA upon award. The CA is designated key personnel for leading engineering activities and frequent collaboration with the DoD Stakeholder in the Washington Metro Area. The CA will establish enterprise-scale services for Network, End User Services, Cybersecurity, and Operations and Sustainment services. A key element will be consolidation and migration of various DoD agencies’ common IT services into a single enterprise provider. This challenging large-scale opportunity supports >300,000 end users located throughout the world, across 500+ locations ranging in size from campuses to single buildings.
The CA demonstrates prior progressive career experience successfully leading a team of IT Architects, engineers and administrators for a large IT enterprise contract. The CA will have broad IT experience and deep understanding of IT technologies as well as engineering management processes, cost estimating, business acumen, project management, and all aspects of ITSM or DESMF.
This position is located at Ft. Meade, MD with potential travel to various DoD locations throughout the U.S. Candidates who are not in the D.C. Metro area must have the ability to re-locate. The position requires the ability to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance and the ability to travel approximately 15% of the time.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Pre-Award, the CA supports the capture team’s development of the technical solution for submission, government presentations, negotiations and any head start preparation.
• Upon award, this role is responsible for leading the successful technical startup and transition, including establishing the engineering team.
• Works closely with the Leidos Program Manager and PMO to provide services and projects that adhere to quality, schedule and budget.
• Works closely with the Leidos E&CS operational unit providing status and obtaining reach-back support from related programs throughout Leidos to deliver successful program execution.
• Works closely with the customer Program Office and other customer leadership at the most senior levels regarding IT strategy, contractual requirements and service delivery.
• Serves as the technical lead on large, complex projects and providing technical advice/input that impact successful contract execution across the enterprise solution.
• Affects Service Delivery by developing new solutions, processes, standards or operational plans that lead to successful execution and continuous improvement.
• Resolves highly complex and multi-dimensional problems requiring consideration of variables that affect multiple aspects of the project/program. Problems range from high impact operational events to tactical corrections.
• Mentors and coaches other technical staff.
• Master's and 15-20 years experience or equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
• Meets the IAT-II baseline certification, in accordance with DoD8570.01-M or ability to obtain prior to proposal submission
• Ability to obtain a DOD Secret Clearance.
• 20+ years technology engineering experience
• 5+ years as a Chief Solutions Architect role for IT Technology
• Experience managing a team of technical professionals both directly and through influence to produce IT projects and operations
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment
• Ability to work with customer and program office to achieve success
• Experience with standard system engineering lifecycle concepts, architectural frameworks and artifacts to produce working solutions.
• Experience with all aspects of ITIL or DESMF
• Capable of presenting complicated concepts and course of action to Government and Leidos leadership
• Experience producing business cases for government projects and experience estimating project work as well as operations and sustainment.
• Knowledge of U.S. Federal acquisition processes and competitive capture environments
• Architectural experience with current Wide Area Network (WAN)/Local Area Network (LAN)/Campus Area Network (CAN) technology, emerging network and enterprise IT technologies including, but not limited to automation technologies and approaches, end user compute, software-defined solutions)
• Ability to travel on an as needed basis, up to 15%
• Relevant certifications for Networking and Cybersecurity
• Experience consolidating diverse IT operations and developing managed services
• Experience incorporating advanced IT operations capability such as site reliability engineering, Infrastructure as Code, DevOps, Continuous Monitoring , and artificial intelligence and machine learning (AI/ML)
• Direct experience with DISA Network and Enterprise Infrastructure Solutions (EIS) programs
• Experience supporting DISA and understanding of the DISA mission with the ability to become a trusted DISA partner if not one already.
• Masters degree with 15-20 years of experience in a related field
• Meets the IAT-III baseline certification, in accordance with DoD8570.01-M or ability to obtain prior to proposal submission
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.