The Senior Mission Solutions Developer for Cross Domain Services (CDS) contributes to the development, sustainment, and evolution of multiple cross domain solutions that are based on proprietary technology that is comprised of Linux and Windows platforms. These CDS solutions must meet a 99%+ service level availability (24x7x365) requirement, so qualified candidates must also have experience with high availability solutions. This position also requires the application of expertise on multiple and complex scripting, development, and work-around assignments that may be broad in nature and require originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks. Qualified candidates will have appreciable latitude in developing methodology, presenting solutions to problems, and creating deliverables and performance metrics where applicable.
Job duties include:
- Supporting DHS Components in defining, creating, integrating, and testing end-to-end solutions for moving classified data across security domains while protecting against data spills and intrusions.
- Integrating solution elements from DHS components with CDS via Powershell, python, and other scripting/development tools to build, test, and support end-to-end solutions that enable missions essential to National defense
- Becoming a subject matter expert for cross domain solution technologies that use proprietary algorithms and capabilities to filter sensitive data flowing both up to and down across classified security domains.
- Monitoring, evaluating, automating, and improving the network-wide metrics capability of the CDS solutions.
- Incident response management for the CDS solutions to quickly identify issues impairing CDS operations and implementing and deploying fixes.
- Developing audits/sensors to accelerate the detection of failed system components.
- Participating in the development and evaluation of new CDS solutions and technology as part of a larger team.
- Brainstorming and implementing areas for improvement.
- Transitioning O&M support tasks to junior engineers to free up time to work on new development efforts.
- Seamlessly migrating current CDS operations from existing to new CDS capabilities.
- Working with DHS Components to help them understand CDS requirements such as data schema definition and general CDS operations.
- Performing remediation for security scan results and Authority to Operation (ATO) efforts.
- Development of documentation for operations, sustainment, and user guides.
- Possess a minimum of a TOP SECRET clearance with SCI eligibility
- Current or ability to obtain DoD 8570 baseline certification for IAM III within 6 months
- Ability to obtain a DHS Suitability or EOD (Entrance on Duty)
- Requires a BS degree or equivalent experience and 10+ years of prior relevant experience. An additional 2-4 years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Demonstrated expertise with Linux/Unix operating systems including Powershell or similar experience
- Ability to learn and develop expertise with new technologies
- Must be able to work well within a team environment and able to adapt quickly to change
- Good writing, verbal, and customer presentation skills
- Prior project experience with SCRUM, JIRA, and Confluence.
- Experience with data schema markup languages such as HTML, XML, etc.
- Windows experience a plus.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.