The Defense Group of Leidos has a Voice & Data Cable Management Technician II position open in Colorado Springs, CO.
Our customer maintains a highly demanding mission and requires our support to provide expert technical and professional management support to the commands enterprise Information Technology (IT) services. The Cable Management Technician II will support a program that provides sustainment, maintenance, Problem and Change management services to help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of the Department of Defense IP networks.
This position will report directly to the Network Operations Lead.
- Designs and builds work assignments for cabling projects.
- Develops cabling schedules for normal and contingency operational requirements and reports status to Senior Program personnel and Government customers.
- Develops and coordinates cabling projects with Network Operations to ensure optimum utilization of network monitoring tools to monitor, track and resolve issues.
- Manages functional area trouble tickets and provides guidance on delineation of support for team to accomplish all tickets within key program performance indicators.
- Engages with Government customers to understand, design, develop and implement networking cabling solutions to optimize network performance and capabilities on all three NORAD/USNORTHCOM networks.
- Develops cabling solutions and technology adjustments on a live, global network to optimize services to NORAD/USNORTHCOM users.
- Tackles complex cabling issues to support root cause analysis and development of strategies and solutions.
- Provides innovative, self-initiative to manage work center equipment accountability and assists with Data Center Cabling Management and clean-up.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 2+ years of relevant experience or a Masters with less than 2 years of relevant experience; additional years of directly applicable experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Must have current Secret with ability to gain TS/SCI clearance.
- Must have DoD-8570 IAT Level II CompTIA Security+ce and CASP+ce baseline certification at start date.
- CFOT and VCA-DCV Certifications, experience can be substituted.
- Experience with one or more of the following: alarm surveillance, fault management, LAN maintenance, performance management.
- Expertise in one or more of the following: routers, switches, crypto devices, routing, DSN/DRSN, Video Services, Promina, CISCO, Juniper, MSPP, DWDM, Optical Switching.
- General understanding of network cabling topologies, both transport and IT.
- Currently possess an active Secret security clearance with ability to obtain Top Secret/SCI clearance.
- User level maintenance support for Voice, Video and multi-media systems cabling maintenance.
- Provide A/V troubleshooting support for facilities in support of the VTC section.
- Periodic inspection and testing of systems and conference rooms.
- Provide back-up support to any VTC/voice meetings as required by the VTC section.
- Maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot video equipment for users.
- Perform testing with secure mobile services.
- Bachelor's degree in associated field.
- Proven knowledge of computer security principles and DoD security protocols
- ITIL Foundations Certification.
- Excellent project, technical, interpersonal, presentation and problem management skills.
- Ability to communicate orally, and in writing, detailed technical information on troubleshooting and implementation efforts.
- Familiarization of NORAD/USNORTHCOM missions and DOD regulations and directives.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.