The Leidos Health group is currently seeking a systems monitoring engineer to support a large healthcare contract in Baltimore.
- Troubleshoot and resolve monitoring across all monitoring tools
- Investigate new technologies related to monitoring, including running proof of concepts (POC)
- Help engineer and deploy comprehensive enterprise monitoring.
- Develop monitoring solutions for virtualized compute, storage infrastructure and applications. Develop rules, alerts and notifications.
BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 5+ years’ experience implementing and supporting monitoring of all infrastructure including: networks, servers, storage, services, applications, etc…
- IT Operations (NOC/SOC) or comparable experience, demonstrating awareness of stakeholder business needs
- Experience with Scripting (Linux Shell/PowerShell), SNMP & Agent-based monitoring
- Strong written and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with other Engineering team members, end users, and senior management to gather requirements and perform troubleshooting.
- Proficiency in languages like Python, Bash, and query languages for databases and tools like Splunk
- Experience with the following tools is preferred: Sev One, New Relic, ExtraHop, Cisco Prime, Nagios, Splunk, VMWare VRealize Operations
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.