At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
The Defense Group has a dynamic opportunity for a Sensor Systems Engineer for the Airborne Reconnaissance Low – Enhanced (ARL-E) program located in Aberdeen, MD. ARL-E is a multi-year program supporting the U.S. Army with upgrading and enhancing the Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) capabilities of their airborne reconnaissance fleet. In this role, you will participate in engineering activities at any point in the system development life cycle including: systems analysis/requirements definition, design, development, integration, testing, fielding, and sustainment/maintenance.The ARL-E team is geographically separated with primary duty locations of Manassas, VA and Aberdeen, MD.
You will be responsible for providing technical expertise to a critical ISR project, and support multiple sensor payloads to include IMINT, Hyperspectral, and RADAR; providing overall support for the ARL-E program. You will also provide consulting and integration support for onsite Field Service Representatives.
Day to day activities include but are not limited to:
- Install, configure, integrate, troubleshoot and manage sensor payload and associated equipment.
- Assist Lead Integration Engineer with tracking system requirements, development efforts and assist with continued engineering of system upgrades/ improvements.
- Report directly to the Lead Integration Engineer; interact with operators, users, and the government customer.
- Maintain systems and develop preventive maintenance schedules and conduct periodic preventive maintenance.
- Additional duties as needed may include; maintaining and servicing sensor equipment, routers, switches, cabling, and hardware.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below.
- Bachelor’s degree with 4+ years of related work experience; additional years of experience or military training may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Experience working with the following: Hyperspectral Sensors, RADAR Systems and L3 WESCAM
- Active Top Secret with SCI eligibility
- A minimum of 50% travel may be required to support activities at each of the primary duty locations as well as CONUS test ranges.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration
- Knowledge of AISR systems
- Distributed Common Ground System (DCGS) experience
- Orion-E, CLAW, MOVINT Software experience
- Experience in formal technical documentation writing
- Experience with integrating hardware into ISR Ground Stations and Airborne Platforms
- Configuration Management experience
- Class II flight physical (FAA or military equivalent)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Integration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.