The Leidos Defense Group has an open position for a Solutions Engineer to provide technical leadership and support in the areas of IT planning, solution specification/design, and target architecture development. The Solution Architect will support the 844th communications Group at three locations to include; Joint Base Anacostia Bolling (JBAB), Joint Base Andrews (JBA) and the Pentagon. This includes supporting the Air Force District of Washington (AFDW) and Headquarters Air Force (HAF) customers on both NIPRNet and SIPRNet domains. The well-qualified candidate will have a strong knowledge of information technology and commercial solutions; and significant experience designing and developing technical solutions. The preferred candidate will have excellent communications skills, a strong customer service orientation, and experience serving as an advisor to Chief Architect and other senior IT managers.
- Participating as a member of the Enterprise Architecture Team and working with the AFDW enterprise architecture team to document, design and achieve target architectures.
- Successful systems development experience involving COTS/GOTS integration.
- Preparing solution packages documenting recommended technical solutions and estimated costs and benefits.
- Identify, assess, and present options for meeting the functional and technical requirements, which might include hardware and software updates or upgrades.
- Produce architectural artifacts to include system design diagrams, recommendation justifications, and technical specifications.
- Design and implement virtualization solutions using validated methodologies; maintaining and upgrading datacenter virtualization and network virtualization & cloud environments.
- Design and define solution capabilities that satisfy customer business drivers / requirements and meet service delivery objectives.
- Help resolve issues that arise in implementing solutions and systemic incident resolution.
- Lead execution of the full project lifecycle, from planning, through implementation, to operational readiness.
- Lead technical discussions both internally and with customer teams.
- Provide transparent and regular status updates in requested format.
- Responsible for implementing process improvements and providing suggestions for tools, automation, etc.
- Maintain core working hours but remain flexible to support after-hours maintenance windows (as necessary).
- Be available for on-call support and systems engineering expertise when operational issues or outages are escalated (as necessary).
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of related experience will be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Currently possess an active Secret security clearance.
- Currently possess DoD 8750 certification at least IAT level III, e.g. Security+ CE.
- Currently possesses one or more of the following: VCP, CCNP, CCNP DC, CISSP, HPE ASE.
- Strong communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Customer service oriented.
- Microsoft Server experience (2012 & 2016).
- RHEL server experience.
- Experience with Storage Area Networks.
- Experience Network Monitoring tools (SolarWinds, SCOM, vROPS).
- Experience with DISA STIGs, Air Force MTOs, TCNOs and other guidance.
- Knowledge of DoD and/or USAF systems engineering processes and procedures.
- Project Management Experience.
- Experience with a ticketing system such as Remedy.
- Experience working with VMWare virtual environments .
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.