Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Exploration and Mission Support Operation builds trust through the delivery of enduring solutions for our customers’ information technology and mission support needs. We enable the delivery of citizen services and the exploration of space and scientific advancement to benefit humankind.
- Space Mission Operations
- NASA Human Health and Research
- Enterprise IT
- Civil Spacecraft Engineering and Operations
- Specialized Engineering Services
- Supply Chain Management and Complex Logistics
Leidos has an opening for a Senior Systems Engineer to provide systems engineering expertise in the development of flight hardware for a variety of programs including the International Space Station, Orion Program and other emerging programs such as Gateway. The Systems Engineer will be responsible for derivation of customer needs and goals into project requirements and subsequent development of test and verification methodologies. The Senior Systems Engineer will be responsible for managing and employing SE standard methods, MBSE models and artifacts, SE processes and tools to accomplish analysis, problem diagnosis and solution design, integration and test preparation, risk assessment and mitigation planning and related activities. The Senior Systems Engineer will interface with senior NASA personnel both formally and informally.
- Identification, derivation and documentation of programmatic requirements.
- Management of SE processes and methodologies, resolution of technical conflicts and challenges, management of technical processes.
- Interface with NASA personnel and contract employees to identify required activities, perform collaborative planning, review deliverables and resolve systems engineering issues.
- Lead technical management and ensure the execution of engineering activities, requirements analysis, stakeholder coordination, integration and test, sustaining activities, documentation, deployment and system assessment at both the program and project level.
- MBSE approach for system planning, design and execution.
- Assist the project to define processes for technical solutions and system specifications.
- Identify, define, analyze and manage interfaces.
- Manage entry/exit criteria for all technical reviews, and advocate for appropriate review artifacts, activities, documentation and stakeholder/community participation.
- As part of the systems engineering function, this position will monitor and report technical variances, facilitate resolution of technical issues that may impact successful technical solution delivery and deployment.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 4 years or more of related experience; or 2 years of related experience with a related Master’s degree.
- Experience with leading technical teams
- Project oversight
- Experience designing and leading complex system development which includes both hardware and software configuration items
- Ability to occasionally travel
- Familiar with Aerospace industry work standards
- Design for Sustainment Methodology
- Excellent written and verbal communication across multiple disciplines
- EVA operations
- Cradle or DOORs
- Object oriented programming
- Model Based Systems Engineering
- System Testing
- Hands on experience in all phases of the product lifecycle
This position requires successful completion of a government background check to access government facilities and/or systems. Work cannot begin on the contract without a fully adjudicated security clearance. If you are not a United States Citizen or Green Card holder, this check could take 12-18 months to complete.
Leidos is growing! Connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.