Leidos has a career opportunity for a Network Technician supporting United States Air Forces Central Command (USAFCENT) at Shaw Air Force Base (AFB) in Sumter, South Carolina. Candidates must possess a current Top Secret security clearance in order to be considered. The AFCENT/A2 mission is to manage the Joint Worldwide Intelligence Communication Systems (JWICS) and administer all other USAFCENT network domains. AFCENT/A2 manages, validates, and coordinates the implementation of multi-domain solutions to satisfy the United States Central Command (USCENTCOM) Area of Responsibility (AOR) and Shaw Air Force Base (AFB) Intelligence mission requirements. Primary Responsibilities
- Perform network operations; provide knowledge transfer for all supported functions, conduct analysis, provide tech refresh/upgrades recommendations, install, configure, document, monitor, and operate and maintain hardware and software to continuously maintain and enhance organizational networks/domains.
- Provide O&M for the end-to-end system for the network to include but not limited to facility cable plant, layer 2 and 3 devices, intrusion detection system (IDS), encryption devices, modeling and simulation, and configuration management.
- Support technical staff assistance of all assigned projects pertaining to network inter-operability and integration requirements. Support desktop/server and software network connectivity. Support software and firmware maintenance on network devices is required.
- Support account management, work with the Information Systems Management (ISM) and provide support in the detection of network problems.
- Identify and resolve problems associated with hardware and network systems using USAFCENT network monitoring and analysis tools.
- Perform and manage all COMSEC related activities required to operate and maintain required encryption devices IAW Air Force Instruction (AFI) 17-130 and AFMAN 17-1302.
- Support all circuit actions as required IAW USAFCENT Standard Operating Procedure.
- Monitor network administration access and adherence to established policies and procedures.
- Develop and submit a Network Support Monthly Status Report. (Deliverable: Network Support Status Report)
- Respond to OCONUS emergency outages and being on-site IAW AFCENT’s Escalation Matrix except in situations out of the contractor’s control e.g., facility lock down, the dog sits, civil unrest off-base preventing safe travel to work location.
- Bachelor's degree in Liberal Arts/Science with 2+ years of related experience or a Master with less than 2 years of related experience, additional years of relvant experience will be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Experience with layer 2 and 3 network devices.
- Ability to work on several simultaneous tasks, reacting constructively to new and changing intelligence requirements.
- High level of self-motivation, productiveness and personal organization.
- DoD Top Secret Clearance required on day one.
- DoD 8570 IAT Lvl2; Security+ CE; A+, CCNA.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills, be customer service oriented and possess demonstrated analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Networking.
- Prior Program Experience.
- Prior Classified Program/Networking Experience.
- Ability to travel CONUS and OCONUS for prolong TDY assignments.
- Prior experience with extended TDY’s is a plus.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.