Leidos is seeking an experienced Real Time Digital Signal Processing Engineer to join our team in developing Transformational Reliable Acoustic Path System (TRAPS) for the US Government. The candidate will help design, code, and test software as part of a Scrum team in Arlington, VA. The candidate will work with other senior engineers to develop a project of significant national importance.
- Develop, modify, and maintain digital signal processing algorithms
- Ability to maintain robust existing code
- Ability to work on a small team
- Develop, modify, test, and maintain digital signal processing algorithms
- Integrate, test, and maintain software for remote sensing platform
- Willingness to travel (up to 25%)
Basic Qualifications / Required Skills
- Bachelors degree in a related field and a minimum of 8 years of related experience. Further years of experience can be used in lieu of education
- Experience using Linux from the command line
- C++ development in a Linux environment
- Debugging C/C++ and Python software
- Experience working with Python
- Familiarity with MATLAB or Octave
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance
- Candidate must be able to work with minimal supervision and work well under deadlines, frequently with quick turnaround.
- Candidate must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, be courteous and professional when interacting with colleagues and customers, demonstrate a solid ability to identify and solve problems, and be able to work successfully in a team environment.
Preferred Qualifications / Familiarity
- Active Secret Clearance is highly desired
- Advanced degree, continuing education in computer science, and/or advanced math/physics background.
- Experience with SQL Type Database - MySQL/MariaDB/SQLite3
- Google protobuf
- Experience installing and configuring a Linux system
- Linux kernel device drivers
- Building software packages for Linux platforms (e.g. .rpm, .deb, .ipk)
- Yocto, OpenEmbedded, and/or Bitbake
- Network protocols (IP, TCP, UDP)
- Software profiling and optimization
- Debugging Java software
- Debugging network applications
- Git submodules
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.