Leidos is seeking an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our team in developing Transformational Reliable Acoustic Path System (TRAPS) for the US Government. The candidate will help design, code, and test software as part of a Scrum team in Arlington, VA, and will assist in coaching and mentoring junior and mid-level engineers. The candidate will work with other senior engineers to develop a project of significant national importance.
- Develop, modify, and maintain complex unique command and control software that controls the activities of the hardware based system
- Ability to maintain robust existing code
- Ability to work with other developers, customers & subcontractors
- Ability to work on a small team
- Ability to work on a complex C3 system
- Willingness to travel (up to 25%)
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field with a minimum of 12+ or more years of relevant experience developing software in C++, or related languages . Additional years of experience can be used for lieu of education
- Experience using Linux, including command line experience
- Experience with Java development
- Experience developing C++ in a Linux environment
- Database experience (e.g., MySQL, MariaDB, SqlLite, PostgreSQL)
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance
- Candidate must be able to work with minimal supervision and work well under deadlines, frequently with quick turnaround.
- Candidate must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, be courteous and professional when interacting with colleagues and customers, demonstrate a solid ability to identify and solve problems, and be able to work successfully in a team environment.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance
- Active Secret Clearance is highly desired
- Advanced degree, continuing education in computer science, and/or advanced math/physics background.
- Experience with MySQL/MariaDB
- Experience with different software tools including Hibernate & Python
- Google protobuf
- SWIG to build JNI libraries
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.