Leidos has an exciting opportunity for a senior-level Geospatial Analyst to join our team to support a highly visible, fast-paced U.S. Army program based in Aberdeen, MD and Alexandria, VA. This position requires an active TS/SCI clearance. As a Geospatial Analyst, you will develop, test, and deploy advanced geospatial analysis techniques in support of the warfighter and the intelligence enterprise.To be successful you should have experience developing and using geospatial analysis tools for use in Esri or other geospatial analysis platforms. You should also have strong organizational skills, be attentive to detail, have strong written and verbal communication skills, and be able to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders, providing onsite support at a customer facility.
Primary Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Conduct visualization and analysis in 2D and 3D geospatial environments.
- Develop scripts and tools to support advanced geospatial analytics, incorporating data from multiple disparate inputs.
- Investigate, troubleshoot, and design solutions to complex engineering problems
- Integrate scripts and tools into COTS / GOTS applications in support of delivery to tactical units
- Integrate data from disparate data sets/types into a common database for use in analysis and visualization.
- In coordination with Security and Information Assurance procedures, implement safeguard measures to prevent damage and unauthorized modification and disclosure.
- Track, analyze, and communicate commercial technology trends and recommendations to a non-technical audience
- Bachelor's Degree in Geospatial Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering or related technical fields and a minimum of eight (8) years of experience or Masters with minimum six (6) years of prior relevant experience; additional experience may be consider in lieu of degree
- Active TS/SCI clearance with the ability to maintain the clearance
- Expert knowledge of Python
- Expert knowledge of the Esri suite of products
- Working knowledge of software development environments and methodologies, including Scrum/Agile and Systems Engineering Processes and Best Practices
- Experience working with DoD
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% of the time (primarily between sites in Maryland and Virginia)
- Knowledge of Distributed Common Ground System -Army (DCGS-A) components with Army Battle Command (ABC) systems and processes preferred
- Experience developing Esri portals
- Experience in developing Continuous Integration/ Continuous Delivery pipelines (CI/ CD)
- Experience with scripting languages, including Bash, Python, Ruby, or PHP and Windows Power Shell or Pearl
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Geographic Information Systems
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.