Leidos has an exciting opportunity for a senior-level Database Administrator to join our team to support a highly visible, fast-paced U.S. Army program based in Aberdeen, MD and Alexandria, VA. This position requires an active TS/SCI clearance. As a Database Administrator you will create, manage, optimize and deploy GEOINT databases onto the customer hardware and software baseline, providing expertise to enhance the performance of the GEOINT databases across the entire program, to include testing environments as well as deployed instances. To be successful, you should have hands-on DBA experience creating, testing, and deploying solutions into production environments. You should also have strong organizational skills, be attentive to detail, have strong written and verbal communication skills, and be able to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders, providing onsite support at a customer facility.
Primary Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Optimize GEOINT databases for visualization and analysis in 2D and 3D environments.
- Investigate, troubleshoot, and design solutions to complex engineering problems
- Integrate databases into COTS / GOTS applications in support of delivery to tactical units
- Integrate data from disparate data sets/types into a common database for use in analysis and visualization.
- In coordination with Security and Information Assurance procedures, implement safeguard measures to prevent damage and unauthorized modification and disclosure.
- Track, analyze, and communicate commercial technology trends and recommendations to a non-technical audience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical fields and a minimum of eight (8) years of experience or Masters with six (6) years of prior relevant experience; additional experience may be consider in lieu of degree
- Active TS/SCI clearance with the ability to maintain the clearance
- Must be able to obtain a Security + certification
- Expert knowledge of SQL
- Experience with database creation, integration, troubleshooting, and administration on large system-of-systems (SoS)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows Server 2008 / 20012R2 and Red Hat Linux 6 / 7
- Strong expertise with GIS, geospatial data, and geospatial products, including Esri.
- Working knowledge of software development environments and methodologies, including Scrum/Agile and Systems Engineering Processes and Best Practices
- Experience working with DoD
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% of the time (primarily between sites in VA and MD)
- Knowledge of Distributed Common Ground System -Army (DCGS-A) components with Army Battle Command (ABC) systems and processes preferred
- Functional knowledge of Oracle or other database types.
- Experience in developing Continuous Integration/ Continuous Delivery pipelines (CI/ CD)
- Experience with scripting languages, including Bash, Python, Ruby, or PHP and Windows Power Shell or Pearl
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.