Java Applications Developer, Senior
Leidos is seeking a Senior Java Application Developer in Oklahoma City, OK. As an Application Developer, you will assist with sustainment, modification, and implementation of the USAF’s Comprehensive Engine Management System (CEMS). Additionally, you will determine and recommend the best designs based on customer business objectives, timelines and other resource constraints. The responsibilities for this position include all aspects of the software development lifecycle including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding and automated testing. The developer will work with the Project Lead, other developers, analysts and the customer to deliver customer requirements. A successful candidate must have the ability to work in a dynamic environment and be capable of adjusting to changing priorities.
• Designs, develops, enhances, debugs, and implements software. Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications.
• Researches, tests, builds, and coordinates the conversion and/or integration of new products based on client requirements. Designs and develops new software products or major enhancements to existing software.
• Addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms.
• Consults with project teams and end users to identify application requirements.
• Performs feasibility analysis on potential future projects to management.
• Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools.
• Resolves problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
• Instructs, assigns, directs, and checks the work of other software developers on development team.
• Participates in development of software user manuals.
Successful candidate must have the following education and experience:
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related discipline. Experience may be substituted for education.
• 5-10 years’ experience in a similar position
• Must have Java EE development experience
• Must have Oracle/SQL/Database programming experience
• Must have experience with Web service technologies including SOAP, XML, JAX-WS
• Experience using Microsoft Word and Excel.
The ideal candidate would have knowledge of Web N-Tier system.
Experience with the following is a plus:
• Apache Tapestry 5
• Apache Tomcat
• JAVA Web technologies such as Java Server Faces (JSF), Java Server Pages (JSP), Wicket, Seam, or Google Web Toolkit (GWT)
• Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) technologies such as iBATIS, Apache Cayenne, JDO or JPA
• Other Java EE servers such as JBoss, Glassfish, Websphere or Jetty
• Network layer programming using sockets, HTTP, TCP/IP
• Microsoft PowerShell, Perl
• Subversion or CVS
• NetBeans or Eclipse
• Microsoft IIS 9
• Windows Server 2012
Candidate must have or be capable of obtaining a Secret Clearance.
Less than 10% travel anticipated.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.