Leidos Enterprise & Cyber Solutions Defense team is seeking qualified candidates for the role of UNIX Team Manager in support of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) – Information Technology (IT) program. This position may report out of Vicksburg, MS, Hillsboro, OR or Telework from any U.S. Based location. An Active DOD Secret Clearance is required.
More About This Role:
- Supervises a small to mid-size team of UNIX administrators that define, and/or oversees UNIX organization, standards, controls, procedures, and documentation.
- Supervises technical consulting in the definition, design, and creation of a UNIX environment.
- Supervises the development of applications that provide UNIX solutions to business problems, data architectures, UNIX management system facilities and capabilities, and the operation and tuning of UNIXs.
- Supervises the design, and implementation, of UNIXs with respect to access methods, access time, batch processes, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation, and statistical methods.
- Supervisor will ensure that documentation is complete and up-to-date. Will develop and apply procedures for periodic UNIX backup.
- Manage a team of UNIX administrators. Oversees hardware/software installation and upgrades. Establishes work and on-call schedules, maintains good order and discipline and ensures all subordinates are properly trained to perform assigned tasks.
- Management of Unix team to coordinate activities and implementations, follow and document procedures, respond, track, and escalate systems incidents.
- Oversee Unix System Administration duties such as installations, configurations, troubleshooting, kernel tuning, user access administration, file system tuning, hardware configuration, system performance tuning, disk management, custom package creation, shell scripting.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to Unix System Administration team.
- Participate and serve as team’s technical representative on incident events, post-mortem.
- Participate and serve as team’s technical representative on change and problem management.
- Configure and fine tune cloud and Unix infrastructure and systems.
- Work closely with engineering and application teams to develop, plan and implement application deployments to on premise, private and public cloud implementations
- Drive technical innovation and efficiency in cloud and Unix infrastructure operations via automation scripting.
- Support servers including security configurations, patching, and troubleshooting.
- Develop scripts for automating client/server functions by establishing technical specifications that facilitate easy, or scripting/configuration
- Develops and maintains the comprehensive systems architectures, frameworks and application interfaces
- Works with senior IT staff and management to develop and maintain company technical processes and standards
- Must be able to perform under tight timeframes and execute problem solving skills and understands the key drivers that impact the business
- Proactively learns about and evaluates emerging technologies (reviewing technical journals, team sharing, mentors, vendors, peer groups, special training)
- BS degree and 8 to 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 to 10 years of prior relevant experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Secret clearance (current/active)
- Current DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification/s (ex: Security+CE, CCNA Security, etc.)
- 5 or more years hands-on experience on Hosted Cloud and Unix platforms
- Strong storage/SAN system technologies preferably with Netapp and Hitachi
- Working knowledge of LAN and WAN environments
- Must have Hands-on Unix/Linux System Administration experience; including storage, compute, virtual machines, and hardware and software interfaces
- Possess strong analytical skills, organizational skills, attention to detail, and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
- Strong Solaris and Red Hat UNIX skills
- O/S upgrades, with knowledge of YUM, live upgrade, Jumpstart and Kickstart
- Configuration Management (puppet)
- Capacity Planning and Performance Analysis abilities
- Disaster Recovery
More about the program..
The Army Corps of Engineers – Information Technology (ACE-IT) provides secure enterprise-wide IT and information management support services to more than 37,000 USACE end users located throughout the Continental U.S. (CONUS) and outside the Continental U.S. (OCONUS). ACE-IT is the enterprise IT service delivery team for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, supporting mission requirements using a site-specific support model aligned along the USACE Regional Business Centers.
ACE-IT provides direct on-site command and control, coordination, planning, and operations and maintenance support for routine and emergency IT services.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.