Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Security Operations Center (SOC) is a US Government program responsible to prevent, identify, contain and eradicate cyber threats to CBP networks through monitoring, intrusion detection and protective security services to CBP information systems including local area networks/wide area networks (LAN/WAN), commercial Internet connection, public facing websites, wireless, mobile/cellular, cloud, security devices, servers and workstations.
Leidos DHS CBP SOC Program has a current need for an Sr. Information Systems Security Officer.
The Sr. ISSO will manage the overall security related policies, procedures, laws and regulations; create, document and implement various security plans and compliance documents to enforce Information Assurance principles.
- Develop, maintain and manage Security Authorization and Assessment packages that include System Security Plans (SSP), Contingency Plans (CP), POA&Ms, and other relevant security documentation for existing and new systems
- Conduct both technical and non-technical internal audits and testing to validate system and operational requirements compliance
- Use workflows to develop security artifacts
- Document, organize and implement security control requirements
- Identify current and new risks
- Prepare vulnerability test plans and coordinate the testing and result procedures
- Assess customer based solutions and provide recommendations for any improvements to current security posture
- Ability to review and write security related policies and procedures
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree coupled with 8 years’ experience in the Information Technology arena or Master's Degree with 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Must have an active Secret Clearance and in addition, must have a current or be able to favorably pass a 5 year (BI) Background Investigation to join this program.
- Experience leading a team of various skill levels.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as an ISSO supporting major federal information systems/applications
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, IT, Information/Cyber Security field from an accredited college or university
- Knowledge with auditing security controls and financial processes
- Superior writing, communication and critical analysis skills
- Deep understanding of Information Assurance, Information Technology and Information Management concepts, processes and procedures
- ISC2 Certified Authorization Professional (CAP) or ISC2 Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP) certification or CompTIA Certified Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+)
- Advanced Experience/Knowledge with the following:
- NIST SP 800-37 Risk Management Framework security assessment and authorization (A&A) processes
- NIST 800-53 security controls and required documentation
- Security controls (i.e. NIST SP 800-53, FISCAM, etc.) assessments in support of FISMA, A-123 and annual self-assessment initiatives
- Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP) for authorization of cloud services
- Enterprise Logging System to conduct regular reviews of audit logs (operating system, application, database, etc.) for security anomalies and compliance with applicable policies and procedures
- POA&M Management and Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Reviewing operating system, application, and database security baseline configuration documentation to ensure compliance with agency hardening guidelines
- Reviewing proposed change requests related to system design / configuration and performing a security impact analysis to provide approval or denial recommendations
- Reviewing vulnerability scan results
ISC2 Certified Cloud Security Professional certification (CCSP)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Security Architecture and Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.