The Leidos AIE team has an opening for a Database Administrator in our Enterprise Data Center Software applications Team and in our Fielding Integration and Build team. This opening supports our program that is being deployed to Army installations in CONUS, AK, HI and PR. Our home base is in Edgewood MD which houses the program team, warehouse operations, system integration lab, 24x7 Help Desk operation, engineering center and full-scale replicas of ACS for installations to include ACP/Lanes and the Visitor Control Center.
- Provides all activities related to the administration of computerized databases.
- Projects long-range requirements for database administration and design in conjunction with other managers in the information systems function.
- Designs, creates, and maintains databases in a client/server environment.
- Conducts quality control and auditing of databases in a client/server environment to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data.
- Advises users on access to various client/server databases.
- Designs, implements, and maintains complex databases with respect to JCL, access methods, access time, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation, and statistical methods.
- Applies knowledge and experience with database technologies, development methodologies, and front-end (e.g., COGNOS)/back-end programming languages (e.g., SQL). Performs database programming and supports systems design.
- Includes maintenance of database dictionaries, overall monitoring of standards and procedures, file design and storage, and integration of systems through database design.
- The DBAs are responsible for SQL databases located in our milCloud 2.0 instance and also for database builds and configurations for installations to be fielded.
- Work with testing and Help Desk teams to conduct testing of installed systems to ensure proper operation. Perform remedial maintenance and troubleshooting to bring inoperative systems back to an operational state.
- Provide advice and support to developers and testers.
- Provide guidance in the creation and modification of standards and procedures.
- Support the standards, policies and procedures of the DBA team.
- Collaborate with other DBAs and Infrastructure team members to develop automation scripts for managing databases and data in various environments.
- Perform the integration of system and software as required.
- Must be able to obtain & maintain a DoD Secret clearance.
- Requires a Bachelors Degree and 8+ years of experience or Masters with 6+ years of experience. College degree in engineering, IFSM, or computer networks are desired (work experience and Microsoft certifications maybe substituted for college degree).
- Requires experience and knowledge of SQL databases to include configuration, clustering and stored procedures.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills necessary to collaborate effectively with customers and other team members.
- Microsoft related certifications desired but not required; knowledge of WIN SQL databases, clustering, stored procedures and backups of databases.
- These two positions are “hands-on” positions requiring access to the Enterprise Data Center via VPN access or at our Integration center in Edgewood MD.
- AMAG, Vindicator, Access Control Systems knowledge/experience is a plus.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.