The Senior Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) Management Lead will contribute to the management of DHS HSDN Public Key Infrastructure tokens and certificates for the Department of Homeland Security working with Trusted Agents (TA) from the SENS3 contract, DHS HQ, and all DHS Component organizations. Qualified candidates must have prior experience with direct reports or running a team. This team will consist of four DoD/PKI certified Registered Agents (RA) who perform the management and oversight of DHS PKI tokens and certificates. This individual must also be DoD PKI certified or become certified within 90 days of starting this position and perform the duties of any member of the team. This individual will also be the single point of contact for the DHS PKI TPOC. Qualified individuals will provide oversight and direction for the team as well as support audits of the team’s work products.
This position is an excellent entry-level position for individuals interested in a career in the cybersecurity field. While mastering this functional area is not sufficient to advance to other cybersecurity functional areas, it does provide an environment to learn one area of cybersecurity and an opportunity to take additional training and education to advance to other cybersecurity disciplines such as network scans, STIG compliance, and other areas.
- Developing and maintaining a trusted-partner working relationship with the DHS PKI POC.
- Managing team email work queues for PKI token requests.
- Issuing and revoking tokens.
- Owning and maintaining the PKI administration and maintenance process documentation.
- Driving continuous improvement initiatives that demonstrate success with metrics. Improvement areas might include the time to issue a token, reducing expired token backlog counts, etc.
- Providing oversight of the quality of the PKI management function including the availability of tools and services outside the direct control of the PKI team.
- Providing a quality oversight function to support yearly external audits of the team’s work products and process compliance.
- Creating and publishing weekly team metrics to the DHS PKI TPOC to include items such as tokens issued; tokens returned; tokens with expired certificates; average time to issue a token; oldest token request, etc.
- Creating weekly reports for the DHS PKI TPOC.
- Creating monthly MSPR reports to the DHS PKI TPOC. The MSPR is a comprehensive report of the status of all issued tokens by organization.
- Publishing monthly status reports to include metrics for the SENS3 Monthly status report.
- Developing/maintaining training documentation to include the delivery of quarterly training to DHS TAs.
- Developing/maintaining TA certification tests based on the training in coordinate with DHS.
- Recruiting to include interviewing and creating/maintaining position descriptions to maintain staff levels.
- Maintaining an active reserve of RAs within the department who can provide backup/surge support.
- Maintaining adequate PKI token inventory to prevent delays due to material shortages.
- Possess a minimum of a SECRET clearance
- Ability to obtain a DHS Suitability or EOD (Entrance on Duty)
- A BS degree and 2-4 years of relevant experience or 5 years of prior relevant experience.
- Possess an exceptionally keen focus on details and quality
- Must be able to work well within a team environment and able to adapt quickly to change
- Excellent writing, verbal, and customer presentation skills
- A current certified Trusted Agent (TA) or DoD certified PKI Registered Agent (RA)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.