Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O), a program within the Defense and Intelligence Group of Leidos, has an opening for a Software Engineer. Our customer is the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) located at Scott AFB, IL and acts as the provider of GIG/Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to the Department of Defense (DoD) and national security organizations.
Details of the Role:
The team member will provide support to the Operational Engineer (OE) Service Delivery Manager (SDM) and the Performance Management Operations Manager as a member of the Performance Management and Innovation team.
The Software engineer will be responsible for developing applications that focus on network data warehousing, manipulation, and presentation. The Software Engineer will write code and perform unit and integration testing to ensure applications are developed, modified and tested to ensure minimal errors exist and all code is written to be compliant with all pertinent DoD security guidelines. Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks. Operates with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems. Contributes to deliverables and performance metrics.
• Responsible for the planning, design and implementation of system interfaces required to support current and new capability requirements all related to network configuration and performance data
• Review and evaluate system and technical specifications, designs, analyses, and test plans/procedures/results
• Establish system level integration with COTS products through API development
• Determine system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility
• Develop Extract Transform and Load (ETL) procedures for various data sets into a centralized database
• Create database schemas and stored procedures to facilitate data consolidation efforts
• Develop relevant government engineering documentation
• Provide technical advice to the management team
• Participate in various client projects intended to continually improve/upgrade the security posture the client’s user environments
• Work with Professional Services Managers, OEMs, Project Managers and customers to manage expectations and timelines to ensure expectations and commitments are being met
• Experience with network device CLI and API data extraction processes
• Experience in both data tier and web tier development
• Experience using TOAD for Oracle and Visual Studio tools
• Thorough knowledge of: Database Management (troubleshoot database tables and create new tables); Application administration, (i.e., updates, STIGS, code review/coding, change requests); and Data Migration
Education and Experience Required:
• Requires BS degree and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain. Specific experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
• Strong knowledge of Telecommunications, to include network appliances (e.g., routers, load balancers, domain name servers, firewalls)
• Currently possesses an active DoD Secret Security Clearance with eligibility for a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI).
• Currently possess DoD 8750 certification at IAT level II, Security+ CE or CCNA Security
• Strong written and verbal communications and collaboration skills
• Able to work independently and with a team
• Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, and the ability to multi-task
Additional Desired Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant IT engineering discipline
• Understanding of with Splunk, CA Performance Management, CA eHealth
• Experience with Business Intelligence tools
• Experience with Cisco MSPP 15454/15310, Ciena Corestream and 6500, Sycamore ODXC 9k and 16k transport systems.
• Familiarity with IP (CISCO, JUNIPER, etc).
• Ability to innovate
• Understanding of network operations
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.