Leidos has an opening for a Lead Systems Engineer in North Charleston, SC.
Lead Systems Engineer supporting the Distributed Common Ground System, Navy (DCGS-N Family of Systems (FoS) which includes DCGS-N INC 1, the DCGS-N Enterprise Node (DEN), the Joint Concentrator Architecture (JCA) and the Intelligence Carry On Program (ICOP) and systems in development. DCGS-N is the Navy's premier Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) processing system. The successful applicant will be a major contributor to intelligence software integration and testing in PMW-120's System Engineering Division. The Position will involve extensive application configuration and candidates should possess an administrator-level understanding of n-tier Enterprise applications (db, app server, client) architecture/management as well as the capacity to follow detailed installation procedures.
Work as the lead GEOINT Engineer on a team responsible for development and integration of current and future DCGS-N system builds. Defining DCGS-N baselines and versioning; initiating and conducting studies that examine upgrades and changes to the DCGS-N system; initiating and conducting Enterprise Change Requests (ECRs) documenting a needed change to the system; and providing support to the testing and life cycle activities required to sustain the system.
• Provide software integration of COTS and GOTS products to staging of hardware and support of test and evaluation activities.
• Low level maintenance and troubleshooting will occur and candidates should have a thorough grasp of computer hardware components.
• Ensure operational requirements and software applications/services objectives are met.
• Perform software and vendor performance assessments when required.
• Assist in building and managing a software build plan showing block upgrades; detail the capabilities of the build.
• Advise the Government Chief Integration Engineer and staff on integration and software matters.
• Attend PMRs and design reviews.
• Support Program Office scheduling activities.
• Coordinate build plans with SE personnel.
- Current TS/SCI clearance.
- Fifteen (15) years of experience Technology Analysis and Assessment, Design Deﬁnition, Development of Systems Speciﬁcation, Systems Analysis, Systems Architecture, and Systems/Equipment Integration for C4ISR systems.
- Experience with the following operating systems: VMWare, Solaris, LINUX, Windows, and NetApp.
- Three (3) years of experience with the previous speciﬁc to DCGS-N systems.
- Security+ or higher certification,
- BS degree in Engineering or Physical Science.
- 8570.1M compliance for IAT II or higher certification.
- Experience with the following software applications: Visual Basic, VBScript, HTML, Unix shell scripting, Microsoft Oﬃce, Microsoft Access, and Microsoft Visio.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.