The Leidos Innovation Center has an exciting opening for a Training Development Specialists at our customer sites in Beavercreek, OH.
Open Mission Systems (OMS) and the Universal Command and Control Interface (UCI) are among the standards that the Department of Defense is promulgating to incorporate modular, open approaches to system development. Use of these standards will result in significant savings in the development and sustainment of new weapon systems. The Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) is responsible for monitoring, evolving, and enhancing OMS and UCI standards. In addition, they design, develop, and integrate new processes, tools, and aids to help system engineers and software and hardware developers in both Government and industry apply those standards in actual system development. AFRL also provides training materials for the OMS/ UCI stakeholder community. The OMS/ UCI standards undergo frequent changes and processes, tools, and aids are evolving continually. Keeping the training materials up-to-date is a challenge and AFRL wants to improve the quality of training as well.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing training content directed at increasing the competencies, technical skills, and knowledge required by personnel in diverse roles to apply OMS/ UCI standards in system acquisition, development, and sustainment. The content will consist of a wide variety of multi-media coursework and training resource materials.
The ideal candidate has a demonstrated aptitude for matching training materials and techniques to address the unique needs of highly-technical adult learners, problem solving complex technical issues, identifying, transforming, thinking outside the box, and a strong sense of accountability. We are seeking individuals with a mix of training acumen, an understanding of the system acquisition process, technical proficiency in OMS/UCI, intellectual curiosity, communications skills, and a customer-focus. Responsibilities may include:
- Utilize expert knowledge of and ability to apply OMS/UCI advanced principles, and concepts to develop an effective training curriculum.
- Collaborate with other functions and subject matter experts to ensure that course materials reflect current best practices and processes.
- Communicate with internal team members across multiple areas and client team members.
- Assess current training modules and training approach and make recommendations for improvements to enhance adoption and developing effective job performance
- Implement Human Centered Design (HCD) methodologies to understand the needs and preferences of trainees (User Experience Testing) and develop and deliver training to facilitate the effective utilization of the OMS/UCI change packages and standards.
- Update current training modules to reflect changes to OAM standards.
- Requires a BA degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- B.S. in Curriculum and Instruction, Human Systems Integration, Technical Field, or related discipline.
- At least 2 years of experience working with OMS/ UCI or relevant Open Architectures.
- At least 6 years of experience designing and delivering training to highly-technical adult learners.
- Experience conducting qualitative and quantitative analysis of training feedback, developing summary reports of training feedback, and revising curriculum, training materials and methodologies to address user feedback.
- At least 6 years of experience delivering training through instructor-led classroom training, web-based training methodologies, and interactive training techniques.
- At least 2 years of experience working with a Learning Management System to implement communication of training needs to trainees and their supervisors.
- Experience utilizing automated tracking and evaluation tools to measure the effectiveness of training programs, such as questionnaires, course evaluation forms, and user surveys.
- Experience with preparing course schedules for dissemination to users, notifying course attendees of information pertinent to the course or course changes, scheduling training rooms and ensuring they are properly equipped and set up for the training sessions.
- Experience preparing course materials in formats required to address various training preferences, providing quality assurance on all prepared documentation, including online help and online manuals to content management systems and prepare printed materials.
- Well-developed verbal, oral, text, video, virtual and presentation skills; ability to professionally communicate with all categories of program stakeholders.
External Referral Program
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Technical Trainer
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.