Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Federal Energy, Environment and Commerce Operation builds trust through an array of energy-related IT, environmental science and engineering solutions to meet our customers’ needs.
- Large Infrastructure
- Mission Support
- Digital Modernization
- Command & Control
- Mission Applications
- Environmental Science
- Nuclear Security
- Engineering Services
Leidos is looking for a high performing candidate to provide direct support to the National Nuclear Security Administration’s Office of Engineering and Technology Maturation, NA-115. Overall duties involve integrating critically important, complex safety, security, and use control technologies across various portfolios into a single integrated system approach. Additionally, the individual will facilitate coordination with the Weapon Control and Security Division, NA-122.4, to ensure timely collaboration regarding their surety perspectives and equities. The successful candidate will be able to think and plan strategically in order to ensure these technological solutions are available when needed. In addition, they can quickly understand advanced/complex technological issues, some with competing priorities and then clearly articulate these challenges and provide viable pathways to success, and accept direction and guidance from the federal customer.
- Prepare a coordinated national strategy to incorporate surety enhancements into the enduring stockpile. This would include identifying candidate technologies and appropriate time-lines to mature those technologies for insertion. This effort would include working with a spectrum of senior staff individuals responsible for weapon system refurbishments and possibly new designs.
- Perform research and prepare background material and/or talking points for meetings to include technological challenges and developments, government and stakeholder concerns or interests, and programmatic updates.
- Facilitate and synchronize various technology readiness teams by assisting in the planning of group charters, coordinating and attending meetings, and providing progress/status reports to various leaders and cognizant individuals.
- Review project plans and provide recommendations to federal program managers on consistency, realization potential, possible challenges, and alignment with insertion opportunities.
- Expand NNSA coordination to facilitate collaboration and coordinate staff effort across organizational inter-agency lines on all strategic surety (safety, security and use control) products and policies. Work to ensure these activities are subsequently and timely presented to the Office and by direction to NNSA senior leadership.
- Analyze existing strategic plans and implementation policies in support of technology development and provide improvement recommendations with an emphasis on surety technologies.
- Collect information from a wide variety of sources for executive level documents, briefings and reports, and consolidate the material into a finished product with minimum guidance from Federal staff.
- Assist with the preparation and assembly of relevant briefing packages
- Active DOE Q or DOD TS clearance
Required Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or technical discipline with a minimum of 15 years’ of relevant experience at a national laboratory
- Direct and relevant experience in managing an applied research and development program
- Directly relevant experience working with interagency experts on nuclear weapon safety and/or surety topics for the enduring nuclear weapon stockpile
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (i.e., Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with executive level management on complicated and competing issues
- Master’s or PhD degree in a related discipline.
- 30 years’ of relevant experience at a national laboratory
Advanced nuclear weapons design knowledge and extensive work experience on surety related technology development or related background or knowledge
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Consult Emp
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.