Leidos is currently seeking Farsi Linguists/Translators for our ACC ISR program at Fort Meade Maryland .The linguist will perform a full range of activities in processing materials or participating in situations requiring a general professional capability as follows:
Work Location: Fort Meade Maryland
Must be a U.S Citizen and have a Current Top Secret SCI with Poly Security Clearance .
- Accurately translate reports/texts in electronic and hard-copy formats that not only contain facts but also some abstract language showing an ability to capture intended implications and many nuances.
- Generally capture geopolitical, regional, ethnic, and cultural elements in text. Word choice and expression generally adhere to target language (TL) norms and means of expression specific to subject field (s) and are strong enough to allow translator to operate successively in that field.
- Normally consecutive interpretation is needed, but on rare occasions simultaneous interpretation may be requested
- Reviews audio or internet materials, transcribes with high degree of accuracy and expression.
- Must possess excellent English-language written communication skills for preparing reports.
- Has good understanding of one or more regional dialects.
- Identify and accurately summarize factual points as well as abstract concepts.
- Triage documentation to isolate pertinent and nuanced info.
- Master use of reference materials.
Security Clearance Requirements: TS/SCI with Poly
- Bachelor’s degree or additional experience in lieu of degree and 4 - 8 years of additional experience
- Defense Language Proficiency Test (DLPT) requirement: minimum of 2/2 (Listening/Reading)
- Knowledge of one of the following: U.S. Intelligence Community, U.S Military Operations, U.S Government Cryptology or U.S Government Law Enforcement
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing in Target and English,
- Have a good understanding of one or more regional dialects.
- Must possess computer skills; including MS Office, to be able to produce written translations and products and sufficient internet skills that will allow basic research on the Web.
- Must possess excellent English-language verbal communication skills for giving briefings.
- Linguists who are proficient in multiple languages are strongly desired
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.