Serves as Systems Administrator with the UFS Domain Services group, providing system administration, integration, maintenance and customer support on servers within the NGA Enterprise. The successful candidate will perform software installations and upgrades to operating systems and software packages and maintains them in accordance with established policies, procedures and service level agreements; system backups and recovery; and monitor and maintain system performance metrics. Duties also include performing hardware maintenance and repairs with vendors, as well as submitting appropriate vendor service requests and orders for parts.
The staff member primary support is to the DNS/DHCP/GTM systems which execute on a variety of networks, secondary will be with working with security issues and compliance. All of this work is within a team environment sharing knowledge and information.
- (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position).
- Maintain current technical competencies to recommend appropriate system upgrades
- Maintains Linux Systems for a high visibility national system comprised of multiple servers on several networks at local and remote locations
- Administer standalone and network installation, file system management, backups, process control, user administration, and device management
- Responsible for resolving a wide range of complex system issues, troubleshooting software, hardware, and network problems, and addressing Remedy trouble tickets and service tasks
- Provide DNS administration on the enterprise networks, to include specific directions related to the configuration of the DNS server hardware, configuration of system backup, configuration of software distribution loads, configuration of system monitoring agents and allocation of disk storage
- Provide O&M functions such as hard drive removal, performance optimization, and research and installation of current patches, where applicable install and support storage peripherals
- Achieve optimum performance and availability standards in accordance with service level agreements by assessing, implementing and managing appropriate technical solutions
- Conduct system backups and restores
- Participate in technical exchanges
- Ensure compliance with computer security policy
- Monitor system usage and perform system tuning
- Manage tools and equipment
- Assist users with system problems
- Schedule and conduct preventative maintenance on Enterprise DNS systems
- Ensure proper labeling of system components
- Develop, maintain, and report meaningful metrics
- Exceptional customer service skills for dealing with external, inter-organizational and vendor contacts
- Must be able and willing to work flexible shifts as required
Education, Skill, and Experience Requirements:
- DoD 8570 Certification
- Bachelors Degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- DNS (Domain Name Service) in a Linux and Windows environment
- Demonstrate strong written/verbal communications, problem solving, organizational and interpersonal skills including willingness and ability to document and share information.
- Experience with the following: installation, configuration and maintenance of a virtual environment (VMware or Hyper-V and/or Oracle VM (LDOM)), Solaris, Veritas, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Microsoft Certifications, DoD computer security tools, Ozone Widget Framework, shell scripting and process documentation.
- Experience with customer programs and facilities.
- Position is located at customer location in Arnold, MO and will require frequent customer interface.
- Candidate must be able to work independently and in a group environment.
- Modifies and/or adapts techniques and standard approaches to solve moderately difficult problems and must be highly self-motivated.
- Secuirty +
- Must be able and willing to work flexible shifts as required and communicate by phone and in person with customers and appropriate organizations.
Security Clearance Requirement:
- Candidate must be a U.S. citizen with an active TS/SCI clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.