Leidos has a career opportunity for a Help Desk Support and Audio Visual-Video Teleconference Services Technician supporting United States Air Forces Central Command (USAFCENT) at Shaw Air Force Base (AFB) in Sumter, South Carolina. Candidates must possess a current Top Secret security clearance in order to be considered. The AFCENT/A2 mission is to manage the Joint Worldwide Intelligence Communication Systems (JWICS) and administer all other USAFCENT network domains. AFCENT/A2 manages, validates, and coordinates the implementation of multi-domain solutions to satisfy the United States Central Command (USCENTCOM) Area of Responsibility (AOR) and Shaw Air Force Base (AFB) Intelligence mission requirements.
- Provide Communications Focal Point (CFP) Help Desk support to end users for AFCENT’s networks client equipment, software and services.
- Identify, research, and resolve technical problems for end users.
- Works to achieve day to day objectives / SLA's
- Respond to telephone calls, emails and personnel requests for technical support.
- Document, track and monitor the problem to ensure a timely resolution.
- Create, track, close update and resolve help desk trouble tickets and perform account management.
- Provide support in acknowledging, creating, updating, monitoring, disseminating, coordinating reports, documents, slides, status, inspections, and service interruptions.
- IT support shall be provided to all USAFCENT tier one support. (Deliverable: Ticket Status Report)
- Manage user and admin accounts for workstation/server access; work with the IAM and IAO to ensure that proper documentation is on-hand for the accounts.
- Audio Visual - Video Teleconference.
- Perform day-to-day operations, maintenance, and documentation, knowledge transfer for all supported functions, upgrades, projects, and system outages for all Audio, Visual and Video Teleconferencing Systems. (Deliverable: Continuity Binder)
- Works independently to test and build platforms for connecting multiple sites.
- Independently Maintain a Master Schedule and perform daily ops check of equipment.
- Conduct site surveys and recommend new solutions to include engineering diagrams and compatibility with existing architecture and configuration management base lines.
- Repair fixed and portable audio systems; maintain and repair monitors and televisions (wall mounted, free standing, portable, VTC); maintain projection components, audio-video matrix system; wall clocks; and VTC systems and cameras.
- Communicates with team via the development and submittal of a Help Desk and Audio Visual – VTC Monthly Status Report. (Deliverable: Help Desk & VTC Status Report)
- Requires high school deploma or equivalent and 2+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience in VTC Systems.
- Experience in building status reports.
- Ability to work independently on several simultaneous tasks, reacting constructively to new and changing intelligence requirements / meeting daily objectives.
- High level of self-motivation, productiveness and personal organization.
- DoD Top Secret Clearance required on day one.
- Required current DoD 8570 IAT Lvl2; Security+ CE.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills, be customer service oriented and possess demonstrated analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- 8570 Compliant.
- Prior Program Experience.
- Prior Classified Program Experience.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Customer Support
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.